Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

967 results found

1. I am speaking with viewers in my chat. 3 of them but chat count is stuck at 1 for up to an hour or when I have more viewers. A more accurate count would be awesome.
    Yes I know it doesn't count bot or viewers who have the stream muted. These are viewers who are listening and responding in chat and the chat still said 1.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Recently, we have often heard of cases where hyperlinks have been used in malicious attacks, such as account hijacking as a result of accessing a hyperlink, or inducing a ban by reporting using a clip URL with a thumbnail.

While we streamers must continue to gather information and work hard to ensure security and safe distribution, there is a limit to what we can do as individuals, and the tactics of the malicious are constantly evolving.

Hyperlinks are also a factor to be aware of, as they often lead to unintended content, dissemination of inappropriate content, and other violations of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I tried to send an hype chat, but no paypal method was in the payment options

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. me han hackeado y han enviado links que te mandan a una pagina de regalos en cs:go que te pone a iniciar secion en steam para que te los den a gente random.
    esto ha pasado el 21/5/2023

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am trying to select emojis when the chatbox is open and everytime i select emojis when the chat box is open the emoji box keeps on moving can you fix this so the chat box is static and does not move while new chats are moving. it is very annoying it shouldn't be a game or a problem to select emojis and the chat shouldn't make the chat box move. Thank you very much

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Shoutout feature is a great idea and could have massive potential when it comes to shining a light onto certain people you wanna support. The problem is that the way it's currently implemented is very limited because the only way to use it is via a command that you have to type. This can be rather cumbersome to do as not only do you have to make sure you type the command correctly, you need to be able to type the exact name of the person

Instead, I think there should also be an option to click on a…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding an restrict command to mobile applications for more ease for mobile users
    Please make moderating easier for mobile users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just like the /pin command it would be great if streamers and mods could use /unpin in chat to unpin the current active pinned message.

I often check my stream and chat on mobile when im AFK and quite often I notice I have a pinned message I want to unpin. Unpinning just by sending /unpin to chat would be awesome.

I personally also prefer keyboard > mouse so I would definitely use /unpin even at desktop. :3

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I hope that the chat box can jump out of the chat rules every time. In addition to avoiding inappropriate remarks at the first time, it can also prevent people from forgetting the rules of introducing their live hosts below.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When pressing shift + enter on a message, it should actually skip a line when sending the message (like in discord). It would help so much to make things look more organized when typing a message

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think it could be a super cool idea to have pride colored display names for the month of June! These could include the basic rainbow flag colors, but even specific colors like the trans flag colors, lesbian, etc!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently when you open a banned user's profile and open the ban tab, at the bottom of the ban tab there is just a blurb that states "Unban request was denied by X on Y date". Any additional text such as the unban request or the denial reason is not displayed in the window and is very difficult to dig up.

It would be nice if any unban requests text and the response could also show there, in order.

This would help Mods better understand why users were banned or help troubleshoot current behaviors based on what the response was.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Some communities will notice a new way to "chant" during hype moments on stream. This is a limited time experiment where only some creators will have access to this feature. Creators and Mods will be able to use /chant (using text and/or emotes) in chat to kick one off. Viewers will see a private callout with the chant and can dismiss or choose to participate!

We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions here. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

442 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking for Feedback  ·  Twitch responded

On 2/2, we will turn off Chants.

While this feature was popular, we observed negative impacts to minutes watched for significant groups of creators.

Experiments help us test new ideas in real time, and decide what to build next. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

14. Chat registers as an overlay (like YouTube) on the screen rather than making the stream a smaller size.
    When viewing YouTube streaming, I find myself leaving chat on as it doesn’t affect the overall stream viewing as much as on twitch where the viewing screen adjusts to smaller size to accommodate chat. I typically leave chat off with twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

15. having these buttons in the chat bar is really annoying. we only need the regular emoji button there.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please allow us to pin emotes or a creator (or ourselves) to the top of the emote selector. I sub to a bunch of channels and sometimes I have to search a while to find my own emotes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Integrate a Chatbot category into the Twitch Dashboard.

You'll be able to change your nickname, and do everything Streamlabs/StreamElements/other bots can do. No need to log on to a bunch of different Twitch platforms.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Usually in the stream description you can see a plenty of commands like !rules !sabathon !youtube !gift !drops !tg !etc
    The idea is to give streamers the feature there they will register such commands with its brief description.
    And when chat user starts message with "!" symbol, a suggestions will appear.
    Similar to mods commands starting with "/".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow mods to enable the branded content check box using a chat command

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pause on mouse hover is a superb tool for moderation as it let you click the right moderation buttons to delete/timeout/ban the right person instead of clicking someone else on chat message pushing.
    But it has ONE weird detail, the popup letting you know chat is paused prevents almost any interaction and certainly reading the last comment as it is below the popup and i find myself normally trying to quickly delete or react to messages usually ending up there in that position and having to scroll the chat to do so.
    The solutions i think it would fix this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?