Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

278 results found

1. The stream viewing options on desktop include "fullscreen" (no chat displayed) and "theater mode" (chat occupies about 1/3rd of the screen, on the right). Given that the vast majority of streams are in widescreen format, dedicating a large vertical column to chat results in the gameplay "window" occupying less than 1/2 the screen, with huge "letterboxing".
    It would be a huge improvement to allow the viewer's chat display to overlap onto the video feed, via a window that can resized, repositioned and whose background can be made transparent. It would serve as an "interactive fullscreen" mode, where viewers can be…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Having to open the user list to see how many mods are there—digitally if not mentally—all the time is way too much hassle.

Can’t we show channel staff (not regular users because of privacy) a number for the passive mods and active mods so people know whether to ask more to come by and keep things cordial?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a new "Raid message" field as part of the "Edit Stream Info" area. If filled out and saved, activate a new button on the landing page for the raided streamer so that raiders can click it to paste the message into chat and immediately send it with one tap. Include this button for the streamer as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Für die Modansicht, bei Benutzer im Chat unter der Kategorie Moderatoren: kann man dort ein Feature einbauen, in dem die mods sich gegenseitig zeigen können durch anklicken von einem Button ab sie aktiv oder passiv im Stream sind? ich dachte daran wie halt an einen grünen Hacken für aktiv und rotes Kreuz für passiv, und für eingestellte bots nochmal ein anderes zeichen. Man sollte aber die anderen Mods den Status nich ändern können sondern nur seinen eigenen

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are times when I need to get my streamer's attention as a moderator but it's difficult to do when they're not looking at the chat. It would be great if mods could give some kind of sound notification, like a small "ding" or something the streamer chooses, so the streamer knows their attention is needed when they're able to look at chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Just like the chant feature except it works on the other side of a raid. Streamer/mod sets raid chant and viewers that did not copy/pasta the message can just chant it instead.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sometimes smaller channels get a large influx of people to the point that the existing community is drowned out and can't talk to each other. A channel I've been a part of for a year has 4000 viewers more than normal, and chat's moving so quickly the regulars can't even talk to each other. What about an auxiliary chat people can move to if the streamer has added them there for being a longtime community member? The streamer could either see both chats or the two chats weave into one on their end. And maybe this chat has a size…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please implement an option to get rid of chat refresh when scrolling through chat. There are times when a link is posted by the streamer, or someone says something interesting that I cannot read and would like to, but chat refreshes every time a new comment is posted. Especially in chats with thousands of people.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make chat customizable so streamers can turn on/off different stuff and combine them like badges/colors etc and make each chat unique.
    In my case I'd like to turn off nickname color, combine all badges into one (i.e. if viewer is a sub and prime one then he will have badge with crown, if he is sub and moderator then he will have badge with green border), in case of regular viewer (just follower but always watches the stream) then he will have his nickname color

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add chat on Twitch app on Nintendo Switch consoles consoles to be able to communicate with live streamers and other people on chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I find it frustrating that as a chatter that you need to click on the "React" to place what I think of the moment happening. The streamer should be allowed to tie them to different emotes or with a word chant (mainly for BTTV, FrankerZ or any 3rd Party Emotes), either global or the streamer's own emotes.

This will help the streamer to get more analytics which parts the chat likes and it's less of a hassel for the audience.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Specific user slow mode, Instead of turning on slow mode for the entire chat i would like to turn it on for individual users, i think this would make moderating specific users easier and more discrete without disrupting the flow of the entire chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A better way to see what a user has clipped from a stream would make it much easier to see what kind of user you're dealing with especially when it comes to users making clips that take things said out of context or allowing you to see when a user is regularly clipping when a streamer does something as innocuous a standing up or picking something up off the floor

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice if a MOD could deleat a messages from himself or another MOD.
    No one is perfect, maybe its a small spoiler or a word that is not fitting for a MOD.
    And sometime the Streamer cant go out of the Stream or would destroy a challange run.
    So it would be nice if a MOD could deleat a messages from himself or another MOD.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Whenever I become like top 3 weekly or train conductor, my badge on channel changes to that, and then changes back to my global Prime badge.
    I want my 500k bits badge to show at all times for example but I can't do that, because whenever I donate bits it just gets overriden and then not even restored when I lose the weekly status.

I don't ask for it to be restored, but I want a like opt out button, where I can say "Do not apply bid leader, gift sub leader and conductor badges automatically"

I value those less…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bonjour, ni les paramètres de Twitch ni Nightbot ne permettent cela efficacement.
    Il serait super intéressant pour un créateur ou un modérateur de pouvoir bloquer les liens hypertexte à l'exception des clips Twitch (permettre par exemple en "termes autorisés" l'ajout d'un "https://www.twitch.tv/*"). Ou un bouton sous lien hypertexte bloqué/autorisé : clips oui/non.
    Merci !

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 例えば日本語をチャットに入力した場合、その国の方々が見ていた各国の文章に自動的に翻訳する事は可能でしょうか?
    配信中は海外のユーザーが視聴してくれる場合もあるので、自動翻訳機能が欲しいです。

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If you guys do incorporate this idea, can you guys create a new badge like 'glhf' badge or Twitch prime badge specifically for people who have requested a feature that has been implemented into the Twitch system so we can get recognition and have proof to tell friends and show chat. I think that by making these badges, it would encourage more people to request for new features that could improve Twitch quality and the community as a whole. We could call it the 'Uservoice' badge or something along those lines and the badge icon could be a cute little…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shout outs are a big thing right now, but sadly urls can take up a lot of space and do not look pretty. would we ever be able to create hyperlink in chat? so instead of having another streamers url in the chat with can have it that people would just be able to click their name, which is a hyperlink?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You can like\dislike comments in live twitch chat and place most popular\unpopular comments at the top\btm.

Make it interactive.

It would help broadcaster\users to read most interesting comments.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?