Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

276 results found

1. I would like the chat history to remain when watching Twitch on mobile (iOS Android).

A new feature was recently implemented that allows users to keep a chat history when watching from a PC, and I would like to see the same feature implemented for mobile (iOS Android) viewing!

https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1622659366531866645
    I would like a mobile version of this feature

モバイル(iOS Android)でTwitchを視聴している時もチャットの履歴を残してほしい

先日PCから視聴するときにチャットの履歴が残るという新機能が実装されましたが、モバイル(iOS Android)での視聴でも同様の機能を実装してほしいです

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow viewers to increase the font size in the chat text box. I can increase size for chat but want to be able to see what I type before I hit send.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice to have an option to temporarily disable follower only chat mode during a raid from another channel, with an option to set how many minutes follower only would be disabled. Or have twitch chat recognize who came over from the raid, and allow them to chat despite follower only mode being active.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Implement hiding of channel emotes in emote selector and/or ability to reorder them. We are subbed/gift subbed to many channels and bloating the emote selector. This allows users to hide unused channels or reorder them to reduce time it takes looking for emotes and improving chat experience by not missing a moment to respond due to looking for emotes.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The current limit for a /timeout is set to 2 weeks, it would be nice if this could be increased to a 3 week or month limit, this allows you to truly filter out some people while still easily giving them a chance to re-appear but not needing to straight up ban and adding a mod-comment to the userprofile. Not to mention bans tend to be forgotten if the user doesn't send in an unban-request.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be a chat-wide drawing room where people can doodle anything. You could have it be a popup, or have it directly under the stream and to the left of chat.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With the recent uptick in ****** misconduct allegations within the Twitch community I think that there is something that can be done to provide streamers, their moderators, and viewers a safer and more welcoming entertainment platform. As a veteran of the United States Air Force I have been required to take many hours of ****** assault prevention and response training along with suicide awareness training. This training is typically done through an initiative called Culture of Respect or Green Dot Training which can be found here https://cultureofrespect.org/program/green-dot-etc/ . This is a call for Twitch to partner with Culture of Respect…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Chat replay is certainly better now than at launch, but there has to be a way to ignore users. Clicking a name and pressing the ignore button does nothing (it doesn't even add them to your global ignore list).
    Also needs an option menu and popout capability, but those can wait.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make a @everyone mention so it highlights a message to everyone in the channel.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right to the point: I have a stream where i am regular viewer Guild Wars 2 game, but there is a player who plays in competitive scene of that game, known to the streamer i watch and his viewers.

I've been mistaken for that player many times in streamer's twitch chat because of my nickname, which is similar to that player's nickname.

I don't want to change my global nickname because on other streams it's fine, but for that stream alone, where i am constantly mistaken for someone else, i would set some unique nickname.

I.e. Just like Discord's server…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We should be able to bold our texts if it’s important

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When writing a blocked term, the user gets this message:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."

When writing a long message, the user wouldn't be able to know which one of the words is blocked on the channel. And taking time to find out which word is blocked, and reformulating would be too complex.

The error message should print out the banned word(s) if the user entered one or more banned words, such as:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to your usage of the following blocked term(s): ....."

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In notifications it would be nice if you could click a users name who gifted you a sub to whisper them a thank you if you are not in chat at the time

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With recent outcries against the innocuous "lurk bots" being seen in the chatter list I had the thought that it may be time to rework the list functionality a bit and provide some options to the broadcaster of what is shown in that list.

This would help the broadcaster (and others looking at the list) to see what they want to see, without unnecessary information that may not be helpful overall.

I suggest the following changes:
    * Full rework of the list in functionality and use.
    * Offer options in settings on the type of data that is displayed.
    *…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Since this hasn't been posted in almost a year (see https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/297558-general/suggestions/8362308-add-a-follow-and-unfollow-command) Twitch needs to implement a /follow user command so if someone gets a shout out in chat you can just do /follow user instead of clicking on their name and doing everything with the mouse when we're already at a keyboard chatting.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When someone does a shoutout and it appears on a streamer's dashboard that they were shouted out on, it would be amazing if we could click on that dashboard request and jump to that part of their vod automatically. Sometimes, someone shouts us out and we are not on Twitch at the time. It would be very helpful to see what they said and to check them out. This is particularly useful if we have not been introduced before.

This could also be helpful to go back in after people raid as well to make clipping easier if the reaction…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sometimes when a streamer is in a tournament they have to put the chat in emote only mode or else be considered cheating. This is often done by putting chat in emote only mode. However by default VIP/Mod can still chat as normal during this mode, and a chatter may accidentally enter in chat in a situation where it may be considered that the streamer is cheating. It would be optimal to have stricter enforcement modes for emote only, a boolean toggle for VIP and a boolean toggle for Mod. Or, perhaps we can ignore mod enforcement because these are…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The mod icons are very quick and easy, however a 600 second timeout can be very lengthy. I propose you allow mods to edit how many seconds a user would be timed out if they press that button. How it would work: near the area to turn on mod icons add a feature where the mod could input a number of seconds they want the timeout to be. This would apply to anyone they timeout. Ex: If a mod puts 60 seconds in that area, every time they press the time out button in that chat, a user would be…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A way for streamers and moderators to filter foreign languages in chat, and different alphabets.

As an experienced moderator for large streamers on Twitch, one of the most common "rule-breakers" are the ones speaking in a foreign language. Usually larger streamers who are English spoken wants to have their chat 100% English, therefore a filter for foreign languages outside of the English alphabet would be really helpful. As there are no current tools to really moderate foreign languages. This could be done by making a filter for characters outside of the English alphabet, such as Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian,
    etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The stream viewing options on desktop include "fullscreen" (no chat displayed) and "theater mode" (chat occupies about 1/3rd of the screen, on the right). Given that the vast majority of streams are in widescreen format, dedicating a large vertical column to chat results in the gameplay "window" occupying less than 1/2 the screen, with huge "letterboxing".
    It would be a huge improvement to allow the viewer's chat display to overlap onto the video feed, via a window that can resized, repositioned and whose background can be made transparent. It would serve as an "interactive fullscreen" mode, where viewers can be…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?