Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to have the ability to customize Chat in Notifications. Having everything from: RoomEnters, NewChats, Groups, Mention alerts. also being able to customize sounds of the alerts with default chims all the way to import sound alerts from PC.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Modding for a channel has opened my eyes to a new idea, which I feel would be amazing. In chat, in my case, it's typically a select few that cause the need for slow mode. Doing so punishes the entire chat, and in certain circumstances can **** others off that weren't the offenders. The ability to add slow mode to specific users only would be great. Click on their name, and right where you can time out or ban the user, add slow mode with the length of time between messages. Let the rest of the chat do their thing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 구글언어시스템 가져와서 예를들어 한국어를 치면 아랍어로 소리나는대로 전자녀가 말할 수 있게 합시다.왜냐하면 전 이런 말장난을 좋아하거든요.세계화의 첫 길이 될 겁니다.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 配信マネージャーのところに翻訳できる機能のものをつけて欲しい
    海外の方たちとチャットしているとわからない言語のときはわざわざGoogle翻訳を利用せざるおえない

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can you please add a feature to quickly mention a user in chat?
    For now the only option is to type out "@" and their nickname which is
    1) slow;
    2) inconvenient when chatting in another keyboard layout as you need to switch it twice just to mention someone.
    It seems like an obvious feature and adding it would improve chatting experience a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It is quite annoying to type in chat, and find out that you have used a restricted word in this streamers chat. It would be useful if the the restricted word would show or be marked red instantly(before entering). This makes it possible to rephrase the sentence to allow it being posted in chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide an API hook to extension developers which notifies on each received message before it is going to be distributed to the users.

Bots can only delete already delivered chat messages afterwards. Clients can intercept the deletion. Furthermore it is not possible to write own chat commands for now.

With a hook, if a user types '/do something', extension developers were able to prevent the delivery of the message and perform some action instead.

Beyond that I would like to see API calls to send chat notifications to specific users - just like 'your message has not been sent yet.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Having this enabled cuts off about 10% of chat from a viewer perspective.

Rather than disabling it or have viewers by multiple means removing it from view on their own. Perhaps a collapse arrow for the module can be introduced to bring the chat window back to it's fullest state.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. add that accounts need to be with a certain time of creation decided for the same channel, time can vary from no time to days, weeks, or months if intended.
    when the account surpasses this creation time, ti will be able to speak in your channel

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The stream viewing options on desktop include "fullscreen" (no chat displayed) and "theater mode" (chat occupies about 1/3rd of the screen, on the right). Given that the vast majority of streams are in widescreen format, dedicating a large vertical column to chat results in the gameplay "window" occupying less than 1/2 the screen, with huge "letterboxing".
    It would be a huge improvement to allow the viewer's chat display to overlap onto the video feed, via a window that can resized, repositioned and whose background can be made transparent. It would serve as an "interactive fullscreen" mode, where viewers can be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Followers only mode set for anything above thirty mins completely just kills people's channels. Replace it with how old their account is instead

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Some people don't mind watching the chat replay. That's fine. But others do not like it. If viewers had the option to hide chat replay like they can during live streams, everyone would be happier. It would also reduce the amount of resources needed to view videos, especially for lower end computers.

There is absolutely no possible downside to adding the ability to disable chat when watching replays.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'd love to be able to not allow accounts created within the past 24 hours not have chat privileges. Some sort of feature like that where we can kinda keep out spam and trolls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. hello, i have been active on twitch for years now and i have never experienced as or more disturbing usage of an emote/emoji than the anele emote on your platform and in the whole internet and i am sure that many people feel the same, the emote is constantly being used in negative and prejudice manners, for example in 2018 there was an abandoned category on the many categories on twitch and toxic communities have had used to it for media that arent allowed on twitch like streaming movies, **** films, and extremely disturbing gore videos and one of them…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. hello, how come we can't leave chat messages on a replay? I think we used to have that ability in the past. Was it removed? Please bring it back, thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When automod was updated the term Noob was added in as a derogatory term. Unfortunately that's a part of my name so for a long time whenever someone used the term Noob with a different word before or after it, it would get flagged by automod and one of my moderators or myself would have to manually allow the message through. This is also a problem when I'm in my friend's streams if they haven't added that specific phrase to their "safe words" list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have a Castor chat option to use the arrow key in the chat that allows you to scroll down chat comments 1 at a time. This way you can break away from chat to focus on content and easily pick up were you left off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. NO SE PORQUE PERO ME HE DADO CUENTA QUE MIS COMENTARIOS EN EL CHAT NADIE LOS VE Y YO NO HE HECHO NADA SOLUCIONARMELO RAPIDO

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give chatters in slower moving chats a chance to like a message that will earn a chatter a special badge.

I think this will potentially promote people going into smaller streams for better opportunity since larger chats can move so fast you miss a lot of messages and also it rewards people for adding to the chat in memorable ways.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sometimes as a streamer I forget if someone wants to be called a certain thing and it'd be very beneficial if my mods could go in and change the nickname of a person in chat for the streamer, not just for themselves!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?