Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. we need pog back

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. What if you guys made it so that there is an option for streamers to allow there chats to interact with other streamers chat during a Squad stream. For example the streamers enable it and during the squad stream, a viewer types in one of the chat channels and it is visible to all the other streamers chats. This could add more chat involvement and for communities to bond over the content they are watching.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please, most of times happen that writing a messages in the chat I write a wrong messages. It can be helpful the chance to edit the messages in the 5 or 10 seconds to correct it and write the right message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to mod view on Mobile chat

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• *italic text*,

• **bold text**,

• `Discord-style inline code` (greetings!),

• \*escaped, non-italic text\*,

• \n, new-line (otherwise CTRL+Enter); maybe only allowed for verified bots,

• etc.

It would be really cool to have. As a streamer and bot dev, the first example that comes to mind might be:

> Wrong usage. `!help <topic>` to show help about a specific topic or command.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I think you guys should make it where people on xbox should be able to see their chat without an pc, laptop, phone, ETC and just on the twitch app from the xbox

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add a animated colors for nickname like you could have 2 colors or i would be animated

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. As a moderator I frequently remind people in chat if we are running giveaways or not. I would like to be able to tag everyone knowing that it will popup in everyone's chat instead of it possibly being lost in chat-spam.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A streamer can have connection issues and can reconnect in a minute or so. This works on stream, but in VODs it causes an issue with the timing with chat and the VOD. This causes the chat to be delayed by the amount of time the connection was lost. This leaves chat's response to be delayed which becomes annoying if the disconnect was at the beginning of a nine hour stream. I believe a solution would be able to have the chat's playback separate from the VOD's playback. This allows the user to adjust the chat's response time in order…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ppl get triggered when they accidentally unfollow their favorite streamer because the precious date on their card, if when you click on someone's or your own name it just said "5y 23d Followed" and counted the total follow time not just the recent segment it would fix this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to upload any image to the chat of any streamer, which has a sample duration of about 30 seconds, which by default can only be uploaded by the content creator and channel moderators and which has a filter in case obscene things are uploaded. Images from twitter or any platform could also be shown and displayed as the cover of the Clips in the chat.

This could show in the chat, with command, more personalized badges or a random face of any follower / subscriber that the streamer has previously created, without strictly diverting attention from the broadcast.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add option to show off Cheer Badge, Gift Sub Badge both at the same time. There should be at least 2 custom channel badges instead of the just one. Even 1st Founders Badge should show along with instead of either or also. In order- Founders Badge, Sub Badge, Gifted Sub Badge, Cheer Badge and possible Twitch Prime Badge should show for non Mods.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When watching a stream, and people keep giving out gift subs, the chat window keeps opening and shrinking the actual video I am watching. Either allow us to turn off gift subscription notifications or let us turn off chat entirely. Otherwise, I will stop subscribing and just watch on YouTube later.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Twitch command aliasing would be a neat addition. Similar to aliasing in .bashrc on Linux.

The ability to set your own aliases for ingrained twitch commands. That way mods dont have to try to remember them, since apparently that is difficult for some.

In this example, it is aliasing the /marker command with /m. In the end both options would work (or as many options as people make).

On Linux it looks like this.
    alias '/m'='/marker'

On twitch, could be like this.
    /alias [new command] [twitch command]
    /alias /m /marker

Scenario:
    If a user did
    /alias /m /marker
    /alias /mark…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A separate chat box that catches @ messages to that specific user, i'm in a chat that move fast at time and i miss a few messages that people have @ me in so i thing a separate box at the bottom to show your own @s from other people would be great.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What's the point of mod or ban if you can't remove disruptive individuals? Especially for small streamers, it distracts from the ability to actually stream content.

The power should reside with the channel owner, not with outside influences.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to have the ability to customize Chat in Notifications. Having everything from: RoomEnters, NewChats, Groups, Mention alerts. also being able to customize sounds of the alerts with default chims all the way to import sound alerts from PC.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Modding for a channel has opened my eyes to a new idea, which I feel would be amazing. In chat, in my case, it's typically a select few that cause the need for slow mode. Doing so punishes the entire chat, and in certain circumstances can **** others off that weren't the offenders. The ability to add slow mode to specific users only would be great. Click on their name, and right where you can time out or ban the user, add slow mode with the length of time between messages. Let the rest of the chat do their thing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 구글언어시스템 가져와서 예를들어 한국어를 치면 아랍어로 소리나는대로 전자녀가 말할 수 있게 합시다.왜냐하면 전 이런 말장난을 좋아하거든요.세계화의 첫 길이 될 겁니다.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 配信マネージャーのところに翻訳できる機能のものをつけて欲しい
    海外の方たちとチャットしているとわからない言語のときはわざわざGoogle翻訳を利用せざるおえない

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)