Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hi guys, I'm new here but i'm quite angry for what happened just now to a friend of mine. She started streaming a few months ago and she is giving her all to provide her little audience with a fun, polite and interactive experience. Despite her devotion to these principles, some users in 2020 still enjoy entering chats in group only to flame, spam racist stuff and other forms of hate. I get that in some ways you can manage your chat to prevent this stuff to happen but for small streamers it's kinda hard to manage on their own.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There should be an option on twitch where you can have the chat sidebar smoothly scroll up, rather than move up immediately each time a new message is sent. The current view makes it so hard to follow along, as you have to constantly flick your eyes upward in some of the more quick moving streams.

The new option could speed up/slow down based on how much comment traffic is going on at the moment. Seems like a very easy idea for twitch to implement

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would be very grateful if the twitch chat had a line break function. The commands and automatic messages would be easier and more friendly to the viewers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add some type of liking and disliking messages in chat. I feel like this is a good way to make chat experience more interactive. I know I personally prefer to read chat rather than type my own messages (unless I'm spamming) so I think that a good way to allow lurkers to interact more with chat would be some like and dislike feature. someone posts something funny, you can like it. A mod types anything at any time, you can dislike it. probably make it togglable both for streamers and viewers.

I believe this would be a good next step…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add a animated colors for nickname like you could have 2 colors or i would be animated

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Solo me deja mandar chats y que me vean en canales donde soy mod en otro chats no me ven, ¿alguna solución?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When you connect your twitch account with a game, if ranked, it would show next to your name in chat. Only when you are watching a stream listed under that game it would show.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The ability to upload any image to the chat of any streamer, which has a sample duration of about 30 seconds, which by default can only be uploaded by the content creator and channel moderators and which has a filter in case obscene things are uploaded. Images from twitter or any platform could also be shown and displayed as the cover of the Clips in the chat.

This could show in the chat, with command, more personalized badges or a random face of any follower / subscriber that the streamer has previously created, without strictly diverting attention from the broadcast.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It doesn't hurt anyone to just allow banned users to view the chat without the ability to write something.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add an "are you sure" pop-up acknowledgement for the Moderator's Clear Chat link in the Chat Settings, to cover inadvertent selection of the link. I have on occasion hit the "Clear Chat" link when I was aiming for "Manage Moderation Settings" or "Switch to Non-Mod Settings", which annoys everyone in chat and the Streamer as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Based on my experience watching a lot of DJ's currently streaming the chat can get very busy and this makes it hard to keep up with conversations.

Could a 'VIP room' option be added where there is either a separate chat for any Subscribers/VIP status members or could some of the other users chat be filtered or offset to make picking out chat from certain users easier?

The username colours help a little but as this is repeated a lot in a busy chat the username has to be read to pick out comments from friends.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. So, my issue with Highlighted Messages is that almost all the time they get drowned out by the other messages anyways, especially with larger streamers. The whole point (To my understanding) of highlighted messages is to make them more visible to the streamer, which often doesn't happen for the reason I stated earlier.

So here's how I think this can be improved: Separate regular chat from Highlighted Chat. This way the highlighted messages won't be drowned out. Even though the cost, and by extension the frequency of Highlighted Messages will vary and could be low OR high, it still won't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When you watch a stream with thousands of viewers, I'd like to be able to chat with users easier, but it scrolls by so fast that it's not even worth trying. My idea is to have a breakout window. If you get @mentioned, it goes in that breakout window. You could also just add users to that breakout so you'll always see what they are typing. It would make chat for large streams better. Also, if you have to look away for a second you won't miss anything.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Twitch streamers should have the ability to change the highlight color of the "highlight message channel points feature." This would be a setting that allowed full control over what color the highlight would be. If the highlight was a dark color, the text would be light and if the highlight was light, the text would be dark. This allows chat to look slightly different from stream to stream, allowing for a more unique look to chat. It's makes chat slightly more personalised to the streamers liking.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Suggestion:
    Add a way for a user to highlight specific words or users in chat.

Reason:
    I find myself trying to read certain users comments/topics, but they often get lost in the general chat stream. This often happens when the channel has a moderator running the chat portion of the stream while the person on camera is talking. The ability to highlight a user or a certain word would help locate them in a busy chat situation.

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clicking a sub emote of any channel should have the option to unlock via points, its more accessible and will encourage and reward use of points

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi !
    It can be nice :
    To be able to create private rooms on its channel. (One for subs / one for moderators etc.)
    These are examples. It seems to me that it was available before but it was rather and I find it a shame.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. when you click to chat in the first time in a stream, the chat rules appears, and I think the majority of people don't actually read the rules, and a good idea would be that the streamer sets an amount of time that the chat rules stay there, then people actually read the rules.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would be nice to include a option to group chat via whisper instead of just messaging with one specific person.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Smile icons shown with bugs or not shown at all with cyrillic languages (russian) with mobile App (Android/Apple).
    Please fix asap, this bug appeared for 2 months already.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?