Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On popular streamers you should be able to filter out all the garbage messages = minimum X unique words to pass and if >X words they also need to be mostly unique (except !!!!! maybe)... twitch is wasting bandwidth with spam messages. You don't need AI for this feature, don't over-engineer it. X is configurable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The emote menu only shows up to 3 unlockable bit emotes, when it should show all of them, just as it does for the tier'd emotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we get a personal pause or slow mode button? In some of the channels I follow chat goes by so fast that I can't even see my own posts before they disappear and when I scroll up of course that does nothing because every new message resets the chat to the bottom.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Chat bots are intended for a channel owner to engage and moderate THEIR chat and channel. It is inappropriate, unwelcome, and absolutely NOT HARMLESS. You would NEVER in your right mind allow some stranger (or their spy cam and mic) to lurk unwelcome in your home.

Chatbots should not have the same account-like status as real people. They should be restricted to their owner's channel and chat completely via implementation. They should not be permitted to roam freely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Honestly, it's a bit hard to think of legitimate reasons why someone is in your chat, but not engaged with your content on any level at all.

At the very least, content creators should have that option available to them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When buying things with channel points, it would be nice if the message for whatever (Example: you bought a poll suggestion with the points) was more visible so that it didn't blend in with the rest of the chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give users chat timers. Allow free users to send a chat once per 30 sec or a minute. sub users have shorter chat timer. I just joined Twitch, and the chat is so broken. 99% of chats are lost in the crowd.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When you are timed out in chat for something like spamming one too many emotes or too many characters in chat and the bots give you 2-10 minute timeout, you are unable to clip anything from the channel whatsoever. I think that is very unfair because when you want to clip something but have 5 minutes left in the ban it's very infuriating. I can see if someone permabanned you from chat, that would make sense why you wouldn't be able to clip anything but even that's a bit harsh. Why let the viewer watch if you won't even let…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When many messages are being sent at the same time in the chat, you can't really scroll up to look at an emote name for example. The chat auto-locks back to the bottom, no matter how hard you scroll up. A feature to disable that auto-relock would be great I think, so we can scroll up manually, then we can go back to the bottom with the already existing button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please note that in the mobile version of Twitch you can not turn off chat.
    The functions “chat only” or “only sound” are present.
    But there is no chat mute function.
    Why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For example when the words "ban" "unban" or "moderator" are mentioned, more than likely the user is trying to reach out to the Moderators of the channel.
    In a similar approach, we can also track users of the last X amount of messages sent because the user may also be likely to be replying to a comment. If the content of the previous messages match what the user is typing, then they will likely tag that former person as well.

I see that a lot of ideas posted regarding chat are about improving this tagging experience, and what better way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adding the username NOT handle of ppl in the chat room as I came from Facebook Live and ppl do not know each other by the handles they have. I know you guys are partnering with Soundcloud as well is it possible to add name known by to the handle?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Imagine being a moderator and timing someone out for 24 hours, and having the need to add more time to the timeout, or removing some time.

Instead of recalculating total time and converting in seconds (for those who write /timeout user duration, manually), the moderator could just write /timeout user +duration to add time, using the '+' sign, and same thing for /timeout user -duration to remove time.

Obviously removing time to a user who is not timed out would print out an error message, and adding time to a user who is not timed out, would just time the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When writing a blocked term, the user gets this message:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."

When writing a long message, the user wouldn't be able to know which one of the words is blocked on the channel. And taking time to find out which word is blocked, and reformulating would be too complex.

The error message should print out the banned word(s) if the user entered one or more banned words, such as:
    "Your message wasn't posted due to your usage of the following blocked term(s): ....."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When switch to full screen mode, a small arrow will be placed on the right, which will push out the chat plate

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add a way to see in a list or 2 lists to show who are subs and who are not so that you can see if you want to give subs to the community how many to give, so that you don't give more than can become subs,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom Nicknames in chat. Case in point, I play a character on a Dungeons and Dragons stream and I would love to have some sort of way for chat users to know who I am when I participate in chat without having to change my username which is part of my brand for my personal channel.

Even a Parenthesized custom spot for a nickname of the sort would be a great way to interact with fans in a more personalized way!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I always listen and watch my favorite streamer on twitch. He allows people to spam his chat. it's very annoying. I wish Twitch would make a way for people to silence chat while still be able to listen to the streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I always listen and watch my favorite streamer on twitch. He allows people to spam his chat. it's very annoying. I wish Twitch would make a way for people to silence chat while still be able to listen to the streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?