Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

271 results found

1. We can follow Twitch channels in which we don't wanna use the chat at all for more passive style (ie: big live events) and others in which the chat is a core part of our experience (ie: small streamers with a tight-knit community).

The current behavior is for the chat to remember the last status between hidden/shown, no matter what channel you are on, I'd like it to be linked to the channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Some viewers may notice prompts for key community events when chat is closed in web view and theater mode.  This feature lets users know they can participate in these events when chat is not visible.  By selecting the prompt, chat will open automatically and you can choose to participate in the event.  The prompts will not be visible on mobile or when watching in full screen.  

This feature is in limited release and we are looking to collect feedback during this time.  We look forward to hearing from you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hey I struggle to see certain colours and I chat in people's streams alot. It would be awsome of there was a option to change people's name colour so I can see who I'm talking too as I can't find a option :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Hey there!

When it comes to seeing people’s names in chat have you tried our ‘readable colors’ setting for chat? It’s located under chat settings > chat appearance > readable colors should be toggle-able. We implemented that so colors in chat would be more accessible for users.

You can find more information about chat here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/chat-basics

4. Have a Castor chat option to use the arrow key in the chat that allows you to scroll down chat comments 1 at a time. This way you can break away from chat to focus on content and easily pick up were you left off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It's not really a 'bug' but more of a user experience issue.

When I click emotes in the emote selection drawer, the chat box fills with the text representation, and eventually the chat box auto-lengthens to accommodate increasing amounts of text. The emote I was clicking on has now moved enough pixels away such that if I do not move my cursor to adapt, I click on an unintentional emote. It is annoying to then have to delete a long string due to one single click.

Can we please change the behaviour so the chat box is perhaps static and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Timeout users but they can only post 1~ emote every 30~ secs or even restricted to a curated selection of ;( emotes. User042 has been grounded/muted! or something catchy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Users have no purpose in seeing when a comment has been moderated. The text should not simply have a stamp placed over it that shows everyone it was removed (social embarrassment pressure) but should be removed entirely from chat. It would allow for fewer data transfer to individuals who are performing as expected. It would reduce chat congestion. It would promote better engagement by streamers as they wouldn't have to scope though garbage comments to reply. If the message sender needs to be notified a whisper could be applied to them suggesting their comment was removed. No further information is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When the streamer put music and is in just chatting maybe the part of the chat can change the white or black color to others colors like a party and in that time the chat and the streamer they will have a more real party experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Very simple, VPNs and TOR / onion routing are routinely weaponized by bad actors such as serial trolls and harassers to effortlessly ban evade Twitch's IP bans, especially when the bar to create new accounts is incredibly low (if not virtually non-existent). The time has come for Twitch to disable these backdoors that enable harassers and does more harm than good. Twitch uses IRC for its chat functionality, and IRC natively supports detection and blocking of these services. (Twitch just has to enable it)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. a filter for chat (like slow mode) but instead of slowing down the time a chatter can send a message, all people can send messages at whatever speed they want but only a random few actually go through. This would help bigger creators who have high viewership, because even if they have 30 second slowmode on, there is still thousands of people who can send a message within that time. This also helps creators who don't want to use 'money mode' but would still like their chat to be viewable. There could be a setting to determine how many messages…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Oftentimes interesting topics come up in streams but the only way to chat about it is via @ which everyone can see. After a while you need to drop the topic to not bother everyone else. It would be very useful to have the ability to create a temporary (whisper) group to continue chatting about that topic without bothering the stream's chat that might already have moved on/lost interest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Maybe adding a way to hide the chat, but not the chat bar where you type/send messages ? i think this would be a good idea because in super fast or weird chats, its kinda annoying to open chat everytime to comment on something . this would also be a good idea because if you dont want to see a chat whizzing by but still want to say stuff, being able to show only the chat bar would be nice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Happy new year! I hope that Twitch will be able to take place of alphabet... I don't know what research you have done so it is hard to help you. Applaud (positive enforcement for creator) It would be great, creator could see what part of the show is most popular and the consumers could erxpress themself while limiting spam.

Why I watch YT and not Twitch (when I do) ... I can,t stop/fast forward live video :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If there is a need to ban someone or remove a comment, those should still be seen on the Video on Demand and not edited out as it appears that is happening. It is a good idea to leave these in so that others seeing the repeat will see how strict the mods are on channel, what gets you banned or your comment removed. Then the person can decide to keep watching/sub to the channel. Any viewer late to the stream questioning why a user got banned or a comment removed can go back and see that section on the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As thousands of messages scroll in the chat room, unable to read them, I close the chat and come back to it, from time to time, as I'm watching the game. Therefore, I suggest highlighting the replies to my messages when I come back to chat. Thx! Regards,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. so in chatterino you can see banned messages if it goes though and i was hopping yall can also add this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think it would be cool if there were a way to hop into chat under a temporary username, similar to Discord. I usually invite friends and family to join my stream and chat but they would rather not have to create an account to chat. So if there were a way to assign a temporary username to join chat, I feel like people will feel more inclined to stay in the stream.

I know there's probably some kind of security and privacy risk with this, but if there would be a proper way to track a user's IP (or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There would be great if all the people could SPEAK and not only "write".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. since live notifications dont work in theatre mode (which im in 100% of the time) could we plz get notifications in chat that are highlighted when
    1: a streamer i follow comes online
    and
    2: a streamer i follow changes game categories

this is very useful information to know so we can watch something more interesting to us asap without having to rely on discord notifications or twitter etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?