How can we improve Twitch chat (including Whispers) and Private Messaging?

Limiting participation in chat based on account creation date

To help reduce the blatant and increasing violations of the harassment policy on Twitch, you should implement a new feature that allows a channel to prevent users from participating in their chat if the account is under a certain age, which could be specified specified by the channel.

Currently, it's easy for a user to create temporary email and Twitch accounts and harass a live streaming account under the guise of anonymity. This would add a much needed barrier to entry without requiring a user to follow or subscribe to be apart of a channel. The code currently exists for this feature regarding followers, and this feels like a natural next step for Twitch to help protect their creators.

43 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Solace And Dread shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes this is exactly what kripp's chat needs, please code this tomorrow and implement asap. The amount of work this would save me is insane I have a notepad full of everyones ban evading accounts and i have to connect the dots to prove theyre the same person when reporting them. The number of ppl that ban evade in kripps chat is very high its like they have no care in the world that they got banned oh ill just make another account and be back in chat before mellen can even gather all the evidence and report my old account. Ban evaders, brother, im sick of them

• Zevad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean only way you can be against this is if you intend on creating throw aways and trolling right? This sounds great to me would make modding a lot easier for me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base