Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

966 results found

1. A chat badge next to users who you follow and they follow you back would be cool, I think. It should only be visible to you but across every chat.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Streamers with a stream deck have the ability to create a panic button that will do a slew of things. Turning on sub mode, slowing chat, clearing chat, setting a stream marker, capturing a clip for documentation.

What if an sos command was created to do that for streamers that don't have the ability to have a stream deck?

Currently the answer is to end stream until the hate raid ends. But what isn't being realized is that the streamer ending the stream is giving the hate raiders exactly what they want. With a command that controls tools twitch has…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I can keep only 2-3 whisper tiny windows open at the same time, and if someone else whispers me, it overlays the other windows and I can't do anything. Please let us popout these small windows to another tab and session.

like this: http://i.imgur.com/DyhUNnU.png

And it would look the same as we popout the channel chat.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. BTTV/FFZ/7TV all have that option to resize the font of the Stream Chat, as well as an option to make emotes bigger or smaller on the client, all on the client side.

This would be a very welcome change as a lot of details on emotes are often lost, or become much harder to read with how smaller they become otherwise.

This is also a good accessibility upgrade for those with poor sight like I have or those playing Twitch on bigger screens, as the main font in twitch chat is much harder to read otherwise.

I do know that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Implement hiding of channel emotes in emote selector and/or ability to reorder them. We are subbed/gift subbed to many channels and bloating the emote selector. This allows users to hide unused channels or reorder them to reduce time it takes looking for emotes and improving chat experience by not missing a moment to respond due to looking for emotes.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. An option to add "Hide other's vote until the poll is closed" Would be fun, so people vote for what they want rather than have a race between 2 options

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The current limit for a /timeout is set to 2 weeks, it would be nice if this could be increased to a 3 week or month limit, this allows you to truly filter out some people while still easily giving them a chance to re-appear but not needing to straight up ban and adding a mod-comment to the userprofile. Not to mention bans tend to be forgotten if the user doesn't send in an unban-request.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Blocked users should be hidden when others reply to the blocked user.

Instead of the chat showing "User reply to user2", it should be "User reply to blocked" or "User reply to blocked (click to show)"

As this would be more beneficial to the user who doesn't want to see the other user who is blocked from showing in chat completely.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We have one for those who have audio off, one for those who have video off... But what about the lurkers? Some people might be sleeping (or preparing to) and still watch through it. Other people might be unable to chat, but be watching and listening.

Also add a quick way to set them on/off similar to how we can change the sub badge and the like.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. (I deleted my old post because it was hard to understand)

A Welcome message that shows up every time you enter a channel's chat. Not when you click to say something like it does now, but when you first see the chat.

It would include Rules but be more welcoming and flexible.

Examples:

Headline: "Chat Rules"
    Body: (Usual chat rules as they are currently)

Or:

Headline: "AVAST! YE SCURVY KNAVE!"
    Body: "He, she, ye, or they who dare cross this rope bridge to join us aboard the ship shall be cursed if they refuse to follow THESE RULES..."

Or:

Headline:…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Sadly no update, but I just wanted to say thank you so much for reuploading if you were concerned the first post was too confusing! Means the world when people clarify <3 

11. Hoy me desperté queriendo mandar un susurro (a alguien con quien ya estaba conversando anteriormente) Y no me deja, me dice "Tu susurro no se ha entregado" y así pasa con todas las personas. Llevo todo el día intentando solucionar eso, hasta mande un ticket a soporte, pero no dan solución. Leí que a algunos le pasó, pero nadie da una solución... º-º

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please allow poll timer to be longer than 10 minutes. I stream roughly between 11-15 hours 3 days a week. When I run a poll like? “What game would you like to see next stream?” That’s an all day poll. Having to “stop” the stream to retype every 10 minutes (if I remember to look), writing down the results, telling viewers not to vote in this poll if they voted previously, etc… is really time consuming. Keep everything else the same with the poll. Just extend the timer to maybe 24 hours. Or until streamer manually ends the poll (not…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be ideal if Moderators could directly report a specific message in someone's logs without going to their profile, writing up a report and pasting the log through. If we were able to flag individual messages and send a direct report, it'd hopefully ***** down on hateful speech on Twitch.

This being via the usercard would be helpful. It'd also be helpful to see flagged/reported messages on their usercard when they change their username, as Twitch clears their logs but the ban still shows.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I know this was a feature previously and I'm still not sure why it was removed with an update. I feel that having multiple chat rooms per channel is extremely useful, particularly for streamers with larger bases. Multiple rooms allow subs, mods, etc. to have their own space to communicate in. This can potentially incentivize some viewers to subscribe and allow mods to communicate without having to use another app such as Discord or Slack regarding real-time issues.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a special feature to mods/streamer on chat where you can shoutout a channel, and it will show on top of the chat, like the HypeTrain, giving some emphasis to this channel to be followed when this /shoutout command is used. This will give more opportunity to grow and be noticed to small streamers, when they are shoutout by medium and large streamers. An animated UI with Channel Name, channel profile picture, last game played and a follow buttom will help a lot.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There should be an option on twitch where you can have the chat sidebar smoothly scroll up, rather than move up immediately each time a new message is sent. The current view makes it so hard to follow along, as you have to constantly flick your eyes upward in some of the more quick moving streams.

The new option could speed up/slow down based on how much comment traffic is going on at the moment. Seems like a very easy idea for twitch to implement

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have a /rules command to display the rules specified in the settings for that channel.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be a chat-wide drawing room where people can doodle anything. You could have it be a popup, or have it directly under the stream and to the left of chat.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. While Superchat is available for Partners for the moment, I would LOVE to have this as a feature for Twitch Affiliates. I believe giving streamers more options to make money using different features and making them available to others to utilize is more of a pro than a con.

I'll be happy to help experiment this feature. It's just too good to pass up.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?