Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

966 results found

1. The little arrow icon to hide chat does not appear during Command Center or Squad stream but only appears after I delete some HTML after I inspect the chat box on the web. Not sure if bug or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. While it's possible to display rules to new chatters, these sometimes change. And I'd like to be able to have a !rules command to display the present rules to chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a button to LIKE a comment in chat. Add a little icon and number if a comment gets more likes. This makes it easy to see a good comment. (or change background color for a comments with likes)
    Possibly, if a comment gets more than X LIKES, auto pin this comment for like 1 minute for visibility.
    Good comments should be easily seen and interaction would be easy like this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi, currently after a string reaches the limit. chat input-editor wraps the text into the next line, However if you try to input white space into the text box, after a limit it will displace the left side nav-bar into the void making nav-bar less accessible.
    It might be a corner case but please have a look.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Instead of putting a different setting for every channel, why is it not just an option that either: I want to see bits, I want to see gifts, or I want to see the new interaction history thing, and nothing should change what we see other than ourselves. Not predictions, not whatever the channel sets it to. Either make it so our setting stays, or make it so that we can turn off the leaderboards entirely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Integrate a Chatbot category into the Twitch Dashboard.

You'll be able to change your nickname, and do everything Streamlabs/StreamElements/other bots can do. No need to log on to a bunch of different Twitch platforms.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bring back the /chatters command so I can see how many active chatters are in a chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think there should be an optional box where you can specify how your username should be pronounced by TTS bots while still displaying the text as normal in the chatbox and visuals.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. -Users that don't have a verified account can only watch the stream
    -Verified users with phone/email verification (if possible make it both) will be allowed to chat or whisper

This is to avoid trolls to make new accounts easily to harass streamers, it wouldn't really stop them but it will take them time to create new accounts and maybe they will just get exhausted (prayge).

It might also become a hassle for viewers with make and verify their account, but I know they will appreciate Twitch if they know that you are also protecting their favorite streamer.

I had seen…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add a way to have an option instead of all time have year option for people to choose when it comes to displaying showing off the cheers/gift subs peoples who supported you that year. so yearly would be jan-dec maybe type of deal. Id really like to know who supported me that year or by rewarding them by being able to display the top 10 gifted subs and cheers of 2023 as this example idea of mine I have, instead of monthly to all time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi, It would be nice to add a rank next to the nickname related to the time the account was created, for example a special rank distinguishing people whose account is more than 5 years old, 10+ etc etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disregarding 3rd party apps, Twitch chat has 4 color contrasts regarding nicks and background: light/dark mode and can have readable colors enabled/disabled in each. It would be nice for the user to be able to customize the nickname for each one of them, obviously that in the "readable colors" there would be a limitation with colors within a range or predefined.
    For example, yellow nicks are beautiful in Dark Mode and the contrast is nice, but in light mode they are horrible to read and in "readable colors" mode they are very ugly in color. White and black nicks are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm integrating EventSub in my bot, and noticed that it has an event for redemptions just like PubSub, so I'm basically replacing PubSub with EventSub as it is so much more capable.

One problem so far is that the data coming in from EventSub: channel.channelpointscustomrewardredemption.add does not contain the old property: redemptionsredeemedcurrent_stream, or any substitute for it.

Is this planned? I use it for one my my rewards, so I have an interest in it being added.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Deleting or editing a message in the stream chat will be so useful in the communication with the streamer.
    because sometimes i send a message incorrectly or i realize that i used the wrong words, and then the streamer misunderstands me. or sometimes i send a message that break the chat rules, BY MISTAKE, and then the mods suspect me or think that i meant it, and then i get timed out, and this will corrupt my relationship with the mods or the streamer, and this really annoys me, i hope this problem will be fixed soon,
    and thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On Discord, it has the method that if I post something from https://hammertime.cyou/en in a format such as <t:1675032360:F>

It would display for all users as text for the marked time, but it looks up the computers local time, and displays it customized for them.

It would be nice to have this function in Twitch Chat as well, so you could have a timer that said "this event ends at <date and time>" or "I will be live again at <date and time>" and it would auto-configure the resulting timestamp into the viewers local time format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The latest update has made it so that you can no longer chat using the Chromecast app, revert this change. Let me use voice to text again, I have arthritis and can't use my phone

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Instead of Followers Only mode, you should add a mode where trusted accounts (accounts that have existed for a long time and are in good standings with twitch) are the only accounts allowed to chat. That way trolls will be filtered out, and good upstanding Twitch citizens can chat to see if they like the stream before they follow.

You're welcome. Stream fixed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So far, the chat "delay" value is only readable from the API by the broadcaster.
    I think that misses the point of having this value accessible.

To me, the point of this value is to be able to honnor the delay for chat client developpers (chatty, chatterino, ...)
    But that fact that it's only accessible by the broadcaster makes it quite useless. The only point I see in its current state is the abaility to display it at some point.

In an ideal world this delay would simply be handled server-side instead of client-side as it is right now, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shoutout (/Shoutout) should be more visible to the viewers! Give it a special color/design that sticks out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are channels that I want to display the founder badge and channels that I do not want to display.
    I would like to be able to set each channel individually.

Audiences had similar opinions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?