Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

969 results found

1. Please implement an option to get rid of chat refresh when scrolling through chat. There are times when a link is posted by the streamer, or someone says something interesting that I cannot read and would like to, but chat refreshes every time a new comment is posted. Especially in chats with thousands of people.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make chat customizable so streamers can turn on/off different stuff and combine them like badges/colors etc and make each chat unique.
    In my case I'd like to turn off nickname color, combine all badges into one (i.e. if viewer is a sub and prime one then he will have badge with crown, if he is sub and moderator then he will have badge with green border), in case of regular viewer (just follower but always watches the stream) then he will have his nickname color

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You often see people typing ^ to show their support for a message. Why not make this a real feature. You could upvote a message and make it stay visible for longer or something like that. Quality messages wouldn't get lost so quickly (I am thinking of very rapid chats here especially). I guess it should be a special mode, since for slower chat it would not make sense to alter the order of the messages, since some messages are answers to questions etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When watching a VoD, if at any point the stream went down but the VoD didn't split between two videos, the chat ends up on a delay, seemingly for the same length of time the stream was down. With messages appearing after the streamer has replied to them.
    From what I can recall this has not been an issue for very long. (Few Months - Half a year)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. SCENARIO - A Broadcaster is Raiding another Broadcaster and asks Chat to Copy & Paste a Raid Message

BACKGROUND - A Broadcaster needs to program their Raid Message(s) into a bot, and then the Broadcaster/Mod must manually trigger the command(s) in chat pre-raid. Users must find the correct Raid Message based on subscriber status, in a moving chat, and then manually Copy & Paste once the Raid is complete. If the User doesn’t have Pause When Scrolling enabled - this is a frustrating task. Additionally, New Users on Twitch do not know about Pause While Scrolling, making this process the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. big channels with large chats make it hard to see warnings in chat and you can get a ban without ever knowing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add chat on Twitch app on Nintendo Switch consoles consoles to be able to communicate with live streamers and other people on chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I find it frustrating that as a chatter that you need to click on the "React" to place what I think of the moment happening. The streamer should be allowed to tie them to different emotes or with a word chant (mainly for BTTV, FrankerZ or any 3rd Party Emotes), either global or the streamer's own emotes.

This will help the streamer to get more analytics which parts the chat likes and it's less of a hassel for the audience.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Just like the /pin command it would be great if streamers and mods could use /unpin in chat to unpin the current active pinned message.

I often check my stream and chat on mobile when im AFK and quite often I notice I have a pinned message I want to unpin. Unpinning just by sending /unpin to chat would be awesome.

I personally also prefer keyboard > mouse so I would definitely use /unpin even at desktop. :3

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When pressing shift + enter on a message, it should actually skip a line when sending the message (like in discord). It would help so much to make things look more organized when typing a message

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PLEASE make a feature to search whispers for keywords. Whispers are so hard to go through currently. This feature would be especially useful for mods if they're trying to find whispers from someone regarding a certain chatter being rude/disrespectful/etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Leaderboards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The raid chat highlight experiment is great, but the highlight doesn't need to stick around the entire stream. Limiting the duration of the highlight, either by time (say, 15 minutes) or by messages (say, first 5 messages after the raid) would make this highlight far more usable; as-is, I'm tempted to disable it, since my regulars are getting all their messages highlighted because they came in with a raid at the start of stream.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. my brilliant idea is to show chatters total unique viewers and total followers upon clicking their name in chat. Who could have decided this should go away ? There is only net positive to it. It's a sense of achievement for those that have ever tried and plan on trying to grow on the platform, and a permanent set of stats that makes ea person unique. Its discoverability, its reward, its unique, noone wanted the feature gone.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Both the default and minimized version of the first chat highlight feature is quite distracting from a moderator's point of view. In a fast paced chat (5k average viewers), the pink frame around the message distracts us from seeing the immediate couple of message above and below the highlighted message, making us sometimes miss things not allowed by chat rules.

I understand that from a streamer's point of view, this is a neat feature for new viewer engagement, however, as a moderator, it would be great if we could get the option to use the "old" compact first chat message…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Specific user slow mode, Instead of turning on slow mode for the entire chat i would like to turn it on for individual users, i think this would make moderating specific users easier and more discrete without disrupting the flow of the entire chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be a great quality of life for Ultra Wide Screen users to have a twitch chat window where you can edit the width size. Currently, If you are watching a vod with 21:9 monitor/resolution, you get a lot of black portions on your screen and the chat windows is barely readable. On live streams, you can just pop out the chat and place it wherever you feel comfortable but that option is not available on vods.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A better way to see what a user has clipped from a stream would make it much easier to see what kind of user you're dealing with especially when it comes to users making clips that take things said out of context or allowing you to see when a user is regularly clipping when a streamer does something as innocuous a standing up or picking something up off the floor

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Colored thread would make them easier to identify. Right now the feature isn't very friendly to use, we have to click on a button to reply and/or get full context.
    If the thread messages' background color are all the same we don't have to open it to get full context, we can see it in the chat at a glance.
    And once the thread goes off-screen the color becomes available again for a new thread.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?