Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

966 results found

1. Currently when you open a banned user's profile and open the ban tab, at the bottom of the ban tab there is just a blurb that states "Unban request was denied by X on Y date". Any additional text such as the unban request or the denial reason is not displayed in the window and is very difficult to dig up.

It would be nice if any unban requests text and the response could also show there, in order.

This would help Mods better understand why users were banned or help troubleshoot current behaviors based on what the response was.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Often chat got filling by commands like !songrequest or votes via chatbot. It will be nice if we will have /temp command or way to mark message as temporary that will post message that will disapear after some time (like 10 seconds). Like as we can remove messages via bot uses twitch api, but without "message was deleted" stub.
    Which will be useful for bot responces and make chat more readable. Also it can be used for joking around while streamer dont look in chat.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I was recently chatting with some other streamers and we agreed that this would be great.

When streaming, the streamer will often have the Chat popped out in their browser. But there's no way to know if a new Whisper came in. There's no way, through Twitch, to find out if someone is trying to reach you privately. And in a busy Chat, even if they try to reach you publicly, you can miss it.

It would be great if the little Whispers icon were at the top or bottom of the popped out chat, and if it could have…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Instead of only having the ability to display 3 badges, If you are a mod or VIP i would like the option to display 3 custom global or sub badges + the mod or VIP badge. Personally, I would display my mod badge ( required if you are a mod ) + my turbo badge + another fully custom global or sub badge of my choice. I think this would increase the incentive to get more badges as you could display more sub badges or more twitch con badges etc. all at once! Please upvote if you agree and provide…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With the recent addition of allowing channels to have up to 10 prediction outcomes, up from the original 2, I'd like to have the ability to have more options when running a poll in chat. Currently up to 5 options are allowed, but I'd like to have the ability to enter, at least, up to 10 options.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If a user has a localized display name it will not be possible to use their name to query something from the api since it does not accept non English characters.

The /mods command already returns login names so the /vips command should do that too.

The command also returns usernames sorted alphabetically but when using the twitch web chat the command sorts usernames by the order they were added as a mod/vip so the irc command should match that behavior.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sometimes when a streamer is in a tournament they have to put the chat in emote only mode or else be considered cheating. This is often done by putting chat in emote only mode. However by default VIP/Mod can still chat as normal during this mode, and a chatter may accidentally enter in chat in a situation where it may be considered that the streamer is cheating. It would be optimal to have stricter enforcement modes for emote only, a boolean toggle for VIP and a boolean toggle for Mod. Or, perhaps we can ignore mod enforcement because these are…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If I'm whispering to someone in one chat, I don't need a whisper box opened on every other open Twitch tab. If for some reason this is necessary behavior, It would be nice if all the whisper boxes would close if 1 is closed.

The way it works now, I have a useless whisper box still open, that needs to be closed manually, on every other tab.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sometimes a user maybe chatting too fast/too much in a given time frame. I was watching a stream where a single user was constantly chatting and annoying the streamer. The relevancy of their messages decreased quickly overtime.

Would it be possible to add a "Slow down Single User", where after each message the person can not chat for another 60 - 120 seconds. The time should be determined by the streamer. This way, we won't be effecting everyone in chat, and only that single user.

The spaced out messages would hopefully deal with the user thinking about their messages before…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Problem:

If there is a non-standard latin letter in a link, link detection ends with the last letter before that non-standard letter.

For example:
    Link in chat: www.example.de/derötzi
    Link dectection generates a link to www.example.de/der and "ötzi" remains as plain text, but the text of the link and "ötzi" is kept together

A fix would be helpfull, for this specific and other letters, for example there maybe letters like ä, ü, ñ, æ, ø, etc that may cause problems with link detection.
    (Note: I wasn't able to check myself if these other letters don't work in links, but I…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch policy requires the chat to be moderated at all times, which is why trolls tend to hate-raid a Twitch channel's chat, then report it to get that channel banned and at the time of writing, it is 100% legitimate, a current threat and the only way around that is to put your chat in emote-only mode.

The "Close Chat" feature I am suggesting ends that. Under this feature, channel editors and owners may use the /closechat command to shut down the chatroom, preventing all users from sending messages in the chat, and only the channel editors and owners may…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If we fast forward the video then chat history should be retained i.e. from beginning of the video till the forwarded time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We should be able to bold our texts if it’s important

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Click on the "Click to reply" button on a message in chat (in browser) ->
    Write a reply ->
    The message to which you are replying is removed before you send the reply ->
    Message is removed from chat ->
    Send reply ->
    The removed message is still (partially) visible in the reply, in the "replying to" header

This may not be the desired behavior. The reply should not (partially) show the deleted message but rather "replying to a deleted message" or similar.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be very helpful if chat mods were able to exceed the 500 character chat limit. This is especially so when trying to input something into Nightbot but having the message to be too long and not being able to say what you want to say.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In notifications it would be nice if you could click a users name who gifted you a sub to whisper them a thank you if you are not in chat at the time

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think the actual badges like Moderator or Twitch prime don't look good compared to badges like the Gift Sub badge, I suggest to redesign the squared badges, we would like material design badges that are not squared, for the moderator badge I would like to see only the sword and not the green squared.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With recent outcries against the innocuous "lurk bots" being seen in the chatter list I had the thought that it may be time to rework the list functionality a bit and provide some options to the broadcaster of what is shown in that list.

This would help the broadcaster (and others looking at the list) to see what they want to see, without unnecessary information that may not be helpful overall.

I suggest the following changes:
    * Full rework of the list in functionality and use.
    * Offer options in settings on the type of data that is displayed.
    *…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Since this hasn't been posted in almost a year (see https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/297558-general/suggestions/8362308-add-a-follow-and-unfollow-command) Twitch needs to implement a /follow user command so if someone gets a shout out in chat you can just do /follow user instead of clicking on their name and doing everything with the mouse when we're already at a keyboard chatting.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would love to see a mod-only chat implemented using Whispers 2.0, or even just a group-chat in general. Love Whispers 2.0 so far, and I think it would do away with the current group chat that I don't think people know much about or use often.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?