Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

969 results found

1. Block all links automatically that are not trusted/owned by twitch and make the streamers manually add links they trust to a whitelist for whispers and their twitch chat

Noticed for the past 2 years that there has been active group DDoSing old school runescape streamers with fake lookalike ip grabbing links, like clipstwitch .live, imgur .us, gyazo .nl and yȯutube .com and they dont even get punished for it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Since a few days, I noticed my chat input box has additional scroll buttons that overlays the emoticon button. I have uploaded a small screenshot at https://imgur.com/a/GmtufMp. This only seems to show when my zoom level in chrome is 100% or lower. When zooming at 110% or above the buttons disappear.

Windows 10, Chrome 94.0.4606.61, 2560x1440

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please allow poll timer to be longer than 10 minutes. I stream roughly between 11-15 hours 3 days a week. When I run a poll like? “What game would you like to see next stream?” That’s an all day poll. Having to “stop” the stream to retype every 10 minutes (if I remember to look), writing down the results, telling viewers not to vote in this poll if they voted previously, etc… is really time consuming. Keep everything else the same with the poll. Just extend the timer to maybe 24 hours. Or until streamer manually ends the poll (not…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. [ESP] Crearía otro Roles para darle a tus seguidores. Por ejemplo: 2 tipos de VIP. (VIP Legendarios/Dorado y VIP Común). O Roles personalizados con un icono custom.

[ENG] I would create another Roles to give to your followers. For example: 2 types of VIP. (Legendary VIP / Gold and Common VIP). Or Custom roles with a custom icon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd like to see a "Safe User Chat List" As it currently is I am being plagues by bot accounts spammers and griefers. I know I can add a few people to VIP and Mod, but those were folks that have occasionally subscribed. This means I no longer get the occasional sub from them. Due to the current griefer/bot garbage I've had to set my chat to subscriber only.

If I had a Safe user Chat-list I could add people to, to allow them to chat then they coudl still donate, and even when not subbed still chat.
    We need…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Too many messages in chat make the stream spammy and makes it hard for streamers to see what is going on.

It also makes it hard for viewers to hold conversations with each-other or even follow what is happening.

If viewers could stay in smaller chat groups, they could hold actual conversations in those groups.

And if those groups could upvote comments, the most-voted comments could be made visible for all users in every group, working like a spam filter in which only the good comments are made visible for everyone, reducing spam drastically.

Link to UI concept: https://medium.com/@msnabunabu/streaming-chat-concept-use-viewer-groups-to-stop-the-spam-b8b11c2ccf55

Imagine…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Streamers with a stream deck have the ability to create a panic button that will do a slew of things. Turning on sub mode, slowing chat, clearing chat, setting a stream marker, capturing a clip for documentation.

What if an sos command was created to do that for streamers that don't have the ability to have a stream deck?

Currently the answer is to end stream until the hate raid ends. But what isn't being realized is that the streamer ending the stream is giving the hate raiders exactly what they want. With a command that controls tools twitch has…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add to the Bit and Gift Sub leaderboard the option for Annual Time Range, would be a nice extra touch for broadcasters like me that like to recognize long term support but also want to give people the opportunity to get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place at least annually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. So in xQcOW's chat, there was a thread created. We would write ''Chatting'' before every message. We kept it going for more than 3h, still going. I wish we could get full logs of the thread, but it's limited to just maybe 50 messages. Also, it's very laggy to send messages, the timing has to be right so that the message actually goes to the thread.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There is currently a section for weekly top gifters/cheers. There should also be a section for weekly top rewards winners. This would encourage users to interact with channel points more often and allow users that aren't financially able to get top gifts/cheers to still get to the top of the leaderboards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I saw a streamer (spinigotilla) get raided by another streamer and the chat was full of NSFW ascii art, this must be stopped, I also got screenshot proof

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since Twitch's chat is based off of IRC, in theory this should be somewhat simple.

There would be a section in the Twitch dashboard under moderation where you could go and view the chat logs either for individual streams, or for certain dates, or use wildcards/keywords/filters/tags to find what you are looking for.

This would help with moderating your chat, and make sure people were not abusing others while you're offline or away.

I've heard that posting Twitch chat logs is against TOS or something, so you would have to outline restrictions and rules in the TOS and community guidelines…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch policy requires the chat to be moderated at all times, which is why trolls tend to hate-raid a Twitch channel's chat, then report it to get that channel banned and at the time of writing, it is 100% legitimate, a current threat and the only way around that is to put your chat in emote-only mode.

The "Close Chat" feature I am suggesting ends that. Under this feature, channel editors and owners may use the /closechat command to shut down the chatroom, preventing all users from sending messages in the chat, and only the channel editors and owners may…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 저는 방송을 시청할 때 시청자들과의 채팅은 하지 않고 같이 보는 친구와 귓속말을 합니다.

그래서 친구와의 귓속말 채팅도 방송채팅처럼 우측에 띄워놓고 방송을 보고 싶습니다.

또 귓속말이 와도 온줄 모르고 답장을 못할 때가 있습니다.

소리나 화면번쩍거림 같은 방법으로 귓속말이 왔다는 알림이 있으면 좋겠습니다.

귀사의 무궁한 발전을 기원합니다. 감사합니다.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. THIS IS A GOOD IDEA

Since there can be people posting bad words on chat and they can use so many variations which can make it hard to filter out, the best way would be to secretly filter out those bad words

Example: someone types the word “simp” if they see it does not post they would use a different way to spell it, but if they see their message is posted though it is secretly hidden meaning the user can see what they posted but nobody else would, they would not try to spell it in other ways

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello all, rather simple idea.

Hovering over a hyperlink in chat would temporarily pause scrolling. In some high-volume chat clicking a small link in chat feels like a reaction time minigame.

I understand you can scroll to pause chat but the ability to hover over, chat will be paused, and click conveniently would be really slick.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When tapping on the view counter, see number of unique chatters chatting now in chat (or number of users who send a message in the last minute) interesting for viewers and streamers, seeing it live. Since viewers does not correspond to number of people engaging with streamer or number of people streamer could engage with)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please make it possible for streamers to have chat go from top to botton, or bottom to top.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'd like a (payed) feature to erase my chat history, which is viewable by channels based on my username. It's fine my chat history stays known to Twitch itself, but I'd like to start with a clean slate because my account is quite old and I've said things in the past in certain channels that I regret.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here