Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

965 results found

1. Sometimes a user maybe chatting too fast/too much in a given time frame. I was watching a stream where a single user was constantly chatting and annoying the streamer. The relevancy of their messages decreased quickly overtime.

Would it be possible to add a "Slow down Single User", where after each message the person can not chat for another 60 - 120 seconds. The time should be determined by the streamer. This way, we won't be effecting everyone in chat, and only that single user.

The spaced out messages would hopefully deal with the user thinking about their messages before…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. FIX the Autohost system!
    It hasn't been working for MONTHS now. I want to support my friends and my team, and sometimes I'm not able to send a /host to my own channel.
    My autohost list was carefully made, and it's incredibly frustrating it's not working! Please Twitch, this is important for people that want to support their friends, teams and the communities that they have contact with!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hoy me desperté queriendo mandar un susurro (a alguien con quien ya estaba conversando anteriormente) Y no me deja, me dice "Tu susurro no se ha entregado" y así pasa con todas las personas. Llevo todo el día intentando solucionar eso, hasta mande un ticket a soporte, pero no dan solución. Leí que a algunos le pasó, pero nadie da una solución... º-º

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have some Community Members for 3+ years now and sometimes I’d love to see their very first chat message just to see how it all began!
    I would be so cool if we could have a jump to top feature to see their first chat messages!
    Nostalgia, walk down memory lane. All those things. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With the usage of third party emote integration it would be useful if this could be used in emote only mode. Some of our favourite streamers use emotes from third party plug-ins which can't be used in emote only mode. It would be nice if there was some from of extended emote only mode where white listed words can also be used which would tie in with the emotes from these plug-ins whether automatically detected or manually added by the broadcaster/mods

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Date observed: 5/5/2022

Twitch chat is causing memory leaks. I only observed this because I was watching a streamer with 100k+ viewers and my computer crashed with 32GB of memory with all other applications closed.

In Dev Tools on a Chromium browser:

1. Select "Performance monitor" in Dev tools.
    2. Observe the JS heap size and the DOM nodes, they progressively increase as chats are sent.

Another way to observe:

1. select "Memory" tab in Dev tools.
    2. Use "Allocation instrumentation on timeline".
    3. Record and observe the memory allocation.

Note: tested on Edge and Google Chrome with all the extensions turned off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A chat badge to identify yourself in Twitch chat as a bot.

Motivation:

Twitch has been allowing users to mark accounts as Known and Verified bots for a few years now. This process is explained in detail in the official developer documentation. This is documented here: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/irc/guide#known-and-verified-bots

There are more than 18,065 Known Bots on Twitch. Among them, we are also a Verified Bot used by more than 700,000 streamers.

We get all DMs in Slack channels and regularly check how users interact with our Verified Bot. Unfortunately, we often find that users mistake the account for a real lurker,…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Polls are great, but the limited time scales hinders their usefulness.

An hour to choose what people want to see at the start of a stream would be great.

Multi-day/no limit polls would be good for questions you want a wider opinion of. Some viewers are only on at the weekend etc, easy to miss their opinion, forcing us to use external tools or discord (it would be preferable for us all to keep this interaction on twitch)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Similar to the setting to Block whispers from strangers. Have a secondary option that re-allows whispers from your followers, or a higher level your subscribers only.

"Want to be famous" bots have been circumventing filters in chat by whispering creators. There are legitimate reasons to want to have whispers open to your community, but currently the only option is to block whispers from strangers. A creator can't go around and follow/friend everyone of their followers.

A reason for including sub only (in addition to followers) would be reducing chance of harassment as subs are less likely to.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right to the point: I have a stream where i am regular viewer Guild Wars 2 game, but there is a player who plays in competitive scene of that game, known to the streamer i watch and his viewers.

I've been mistaken for that player many times in streamer's twitch chat because of my nickname, which is similar to that player's nickname.

I don't want to change my global nickname because on other streams it's fine, but for that stream alone, where i am constantly mistaken for someone else, i would set some unique nickname.

I.e. Just like Discord's server…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When a suspicious user marked as restrict types in chat, others can´t view the message, except the streamer and moderators.
    The problem is that streamer can read it during a live stream, specially in a crowded chat even with moderator chat highlights.
    Right now there is no great difference for chat highlights between a restricted user and a monitored user. I know that text color is different, but highlight caption is always Suspicious User.
    I suggest a different color for moderator highlight as well as a new caption for this situation.
    And if possible, an option to disable this type…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Like A Pop Up In The Chat Like A Big Purple bar with what you announced Just like a prediction but an announcement

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently you can only select 1 badge. For transparency and inclusion we should be able to select more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow the partner badge to be blocked/disabled by the streamer in their own chat so NO partner badges appear in their chat.

This can help with anxiety that may be caused by seeing this and not knowing the person or also block any passive advertising the partner may be doing/aiming for.

so simply put:
    The streamer should be able to remove the partner badge from their own chat altogether for all users chatting in that chat.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Estaría muy bien poder premiar o recompensar a alguien por un buen comentario (sea de ayuda, por ser divertido o cualquier otra razón)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When a viewer leaves, or is banned from Twitch and this viewer was in the top 10 of either / both of the gifted sub / bits leaderboards, the space is still taken but shows blank.

This looks silly. The positions should all shift up to remove the blank space.

Right now, a channel I'm involved in, has a notification to gift a sub to be #1, when that wouldn't be the case at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. provide at all the moderators the possibility to send a message at all the present moderators with a @modo in the chat and the personn should be indicate if the message should be visible for the "standard poeple" and the same for vip

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allowing use of markdown in Chat Rules

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ppl get triggered when they accidentally unfollow their favorite streamer because the precious date on their card, if when you click on someone's or your own name it just said "5y 23d Followed" and counted the total follow time not just the recent segment it would fix this

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice if you could randomize the chat identity color like the first time.
    Even though I can always change it but I can't choose.
    I feel that my identity is limited when my name's color is the same.

If I can, please tell me.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)