Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

966 results found

1. I'm requesting this as a Linux streamer since I use Steam Overlay to see the chat as there is no maintained apps for seeing the chat if you have one screen. The Stream Chat top bar cannot be hidden and is unnecessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Looking through the IRC Chat Tags, it doesn't appear as if there are tags that would trigger a highlighted message.

For instance, if a first-time chatter posts something in chat, it would be nice to have an IRC tag that indicates that they're a first-time chatter. Regardless of what the user has set up on the website, this would allow for a bot, or StreamElements custom widget, to detect the tag and do something with it (such as play an alert, or post a message in chat, etc).

At minimum, the following tags would be nice to have:
    1) first…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Often chat got filling by commands like !songrequest or votes via chatbot. It will be nice if we will have /temp command or way to mark message as temporary that will post message that will disapear after some time (like 10 seconds). Like as we can remove messages via bot uses twitch api, but without "message was deleted" stub.
    Which will be useful for bot responces and make chat more readable. Also it can be used for joking around while streamer dont look in chat.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Much how moderators can use /announce to broadcast a message, moderators should have the ability to send a message in chat that is only visible to other mods and the broadcaster.

Implementing this would limit having to alt-tab over to Discord to speak in a separate private channel and only engage with other active mods in chat which helps for context when discussing issues.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sería idea poder tener la opción de crear listas con saltos de línea dentro del chat para algunos comandos del canal, de tipo.

• Texto 1
    • Texto 2
    • Texto 3

Hasta el momento no he encontrado nada similar a eso.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've often found it to be a bit of an annoyance when I have a custom badge (the one that overrides your global badge) set in a channel and then I take some action such as cheering bits of gifting a sub and my custom badge automatically gets updated and then I have to go change it back to what I want it to stay as. I understand the feature in and of itself is nice to have and in many cases I may want the automatic updated badge, but I would like to have an option (ideally on a…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As of a few days ago, every. single. time. one enters fullscreen on any stream, the chat will stop loading messages and disconnect until you exit fullscreen. There is no way to catch up on what was said in chat, ruining the whole experience.

If this was an intended change, please revert it asap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Is this issue still occurring for you? If so, on what device or browser? Please make sure you are running the most up-to-date version of your browser/device OS, as well. Thanks. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

8. Добрый день, хотел бы предложить и продать свою идею системы лайков сообщений в чате. Эта функция могла бы привнести актуальный функционал в привычный чат трансляции.
    Система подразумевает возможность ставить отметки лайк понравившемуся сообщению в чате, один раз от одного пользователя. После чего у отмеченного сообщения начинает копиться счетчик отметок "Лайк". Первая отметка закрепляет сообщение внизу чата на 10 секунд, после чего каждая новая отметка продлевает время закрепления на 5 секунд. Подразумевается функция удаления закрепленного сообщения у ведущего стрима. Идея системы в том, чтобы появилась коллективная возможность выводить наиболее интересные сообщения из чата в "закреп", чтобы ведущий стрима мог не пропускать…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It's been 10+ days i'm getting "Verified Accounts only chat" in EVERY single channel i try to chat, even in those where i'm sure the "Verified only" feature is disabled. I'm pretty sure it's either a bug or my account has been flagged in some way, because if i try to chat in those same channels with a different account i can do it without any problem.
    I've also read in some other Ideas here that other users are having this bug... Unfortunately i can't add my Phone number to verification at the current time, so please look into this,…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The little arrow icon to hide chat does not appear during Command Center or Squad stream but only appears after I delete some HTML after I inspect the chat box on the web. Not sure if bug or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. While it's possible to display rules to new chatters, these sometimes change. And I'd like to be able to have a !rules command to display the present rules to chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would be nice if you could Improve the Visibility of Pinned Messages by Example giving them a coloured Border. Secondly alot of Times the Pinned Message doesnt get Updated or shown at all to certain People who join the Stream or were already there. Only after Refreshing the Stream the correct one is beeing shown. Would be nice if you could Improve that System regarding this Problems.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a button to LIKE a comment in chat. Add a little icon and number if a comment gets more likes. This makes it easy to see a good comment. (or change background color for a comments with likes)
    Possibly, if a comment gets more than X LIKES, auto pin this comment for like 1 minute for visibility.
    Good comments should be easily seen and interaction would be easy like this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi, currently after a string reaches the limit. chat input-editor wraps the text into the next line, However if you try to input white space into the text box, after a limit it will displace the left side nav-bar into the void making nav-bar less accessible.
    It might be a corner case but please have a look.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Instead of putting a different setting for every channel, why is it not just an option that either: I want to see bits, I want to see gifts, or I want to see the new interaction history thing, and nothing should change what we see other than ourselves. Not predictions, not whatever the channel sets it to. Either make it so our setting stays, or make it so that we can turn off the leaderboards entirely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PLEASE make a feature to search whispers for keywords. Whispers are so hard to go through currently. This feature would be especially useful for mods if they're trying to find whispers from someone regarding a certain chatter being rude/disrespectful/etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. twitch is removing the @ function to tag people in raids and shout outs and PUT IT BACK!!!! as a dylsexic person, i find the removal of this feature ableist and i have seen it result in several raids to the wrong channel.
    please stop making it harder for moderators?! we do a lot of work for free because it's fun, stop making it suck.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

Could you please clarify where you derived this information? How was it removed/when and when was it restored?

I may be misunderstanding, but the mention feature requires the user to already be in chat when trying to use @ in conjunction with the command. With that logic, is the ask here that the mention feature work to suggest user that you would like to raid on behalf of the streamer (even if they are not currently in the chat of the channel you're in)? Or is there also an issue that the you cannot use /command @user when they are present in the chat (as a part of a raid) of the channel you're moderating in? Thanks for clariying!

18. Chat with Twitch and Xbox Series S should have an option of being able to use a controller or use a phone, and you should explain it well to people that don't know how to use a controller and/or a phone. Maybe a window should pop up letting us know that we have the ability to change to phone or controller in the settings or have Twitch open automatically when that option is available. Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am a recent sub to Turbo and notice that the chat turbo icon/id isn't the default when in a chat stream. I have to manually set it for each stream I visit. Is there a way to make it a cross stream default

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bring back the /chatters command so I can see how many active chatters are in a chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?