Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

271 results found

1. Moments is a feature that Twitch released as a Beta to a handful of creators. Whenever something cool happened in your stream, you could give out a "Moment" to those who were there to witness it. Twitch just announced they are discontinuing it as of October. I'm writing this to ask you to reconsider.

The Moment was a clip that was created when you gave the command, and allowed for some minor editing. Anyone who claimed the moment would also receive a badge, and the more moments you claimed, the more your badge evolved over time. You could even click…

4,281 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As of today's announcement as TwitchCon Las Vegas 2023, Twitch has changed it's simulcast policy.

It states: ..."do not use third-party services that combine activity from other platforms or services on your Twitch stream during your Simulcast, such as merging chat or other features"...

In other words, embedding YouTube or TikTok chat into the live stream is not allowed.

I think this will hurt the industry, as other platforms may follow these rules as well, making it less likely to embed chats in live streams.

As third-party developer i see that embedding Chat in live streams is a core feature…

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think a lot of people might agree with this and I think this is a good idea but not sure if its possible..
    But hear me out....

what if it was possible for all streamers having an option to have an auto language translate?

Pro:
    - People that doesnt know how to type in english, will be able to type anything on their own language and then when u send it/ maybe before send it, will translate it to english.
    - you as a stream watcher, be able to join other content creators chat that is not in english,…

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. DinoDance was the best global animated emote twitch had.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Often I see someone's chat message and I just want to react with an emoji/emote, but replying and tagging the user with just an emote isn't really the same and can get spammy, especially with multiple reactions from different people. This is DEEPLY ingrained in Discord culture, and seeing your message get several reactions is quite rewarding.

Attaching the reaction to the chat message would increase engagement and decrease spam. It would also increase the value of unique channel emotes by adding new contexts for their use.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd love to see an ability to pin multiple chat messages as sometimes there are a few relevant things going on. In some cases it requires a bit too much to put in one message which makes it harder to pin the relevant stuff, which either requires a sacrifice of what to pin and what to mention regularly or to flip back and forth between what to have pinned, neither of which is optimal.

My idea is that with pinning multiple messages you'd be able to choose a priority of it too so the viewer could either flip between the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. BTTV/FFZ/7TV all have that option to resize the font of the Stream Chat, as well as an option to make emotes bigger or smaller on the client, all on the client side.

This would be a very welcome change as a lot of details on emotes are often lost, or become much harder to read with how smaller they become otherwise.

This is also a good accessibility upgrade for those with poor sight like I have or those playing Twitch on bigger screens, as the main font in twitch chat is much harder to read otherwise.

I do know that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The most recent update removed chat on playstation, bring it back

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Twitch just updated the ps4 console app and now chat isn't accessible to those who don't buy smartphones! Super good! Thanks Twitch!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There are a lot of streamers out there who say creepy unhinged things about children, and make jokes about harming them or SA'ing them and the streamers do nothing about it. I think if a user says something out of line like that, and the Streamer does not ban them, then the Streamer should be banned from streaming.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch.tv because its HAVES VS MODE ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow streamer to control what powers moderators have over their stream/chat/bans/unban requests/stream settings etc. After the recent change where banned users are forced to unfollow the channel, moderators have too much power over channels and hold enough power to destroy a channel. I do not feel comfortable modding users after this change, but my chat lacks enough moderation due to this issue.

Hacked mod accounts or vengeful mods have the power to ban all users in a streamer's follower list, thus forcing these followers to unfollow the streamer. Banned users also mean an unfollow. This gives mods extreme power that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After i change my user name i cant see my comments on twitch chat, why i can do for comment again? or how much time i have to wait to comment again?

When i press f5, my comment disappear

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently there is a chat highlight setting for raiders, my idea is adding an individual highlight for the person who sent the raid. I've been raided a few times and lost the raid sender's message within all the raid hype messages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding new features that punish backseating is shortsighted and ignores that many users simply don't know better yet and would behave differently if they knew. A non-punitive, private reminder popup about backseating should be issuable to individual chat users or to the entire chat as a reminder. To describe the rationale more fully, here's a breakdown of the problem and a proposed solution.

Problems:

1- Many users don't know what backseating is, or do not completely know every behavior the term covers. Many users simply engage the chat and only discover later that what they said constitutes a backseating problem.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On mobile, revert back to video adjusting size to fit column chat when viewing in landscape. Currently, when column chat mode is enabled, it covers part of the stream on the right versus before both stream and chat fit the screen. Since there is a chat overlay mode now, change to the old way column chat was.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There is countries with digital id card, those can be used instead of phones, to administer the chatting two step verification and also maybe age monitoring for the viewing of each user. It is for the safety of youngsters that a Government talk needs to happen. I know in spain there is a chip in the id card and switzerland there is a seperate card for digital identification, so its not too far ahead. It can be brought to the attention of policy makers around the place that it is of high importance to bring certain atmosphere of wellbeing to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Often while enjoying Twitch streams, I find myself wanting to easily open and close the chat to stay updated with the ongoing discussions. Since I predominantly use the keyboard over the mouse, it can be a bit inconvenient to switch to the mouse solely to manage the chat. I was wondering if it would be possible to incorporate a hotkey function that allows users to toggle the chat window. This would greatly enhance the viewing experience, providing a smoother way to engage with the chat without interrupting the stream. Perhaps something akin to the 'F' key for fullscreen mode could…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. AndroidTVはまだしもPS4でチャット出来なくした理由が理解出来ない。何故出来なくしたのだろうか…。コメント出来るようにして欲しい

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Los mensajes del chat de twitch solo aparecen visibles a mi, ni al streamer ni a las demas personas del chat y cuando recargo la pagina los mensajes que habia enviado desaparecen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?