Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

276 results found

1. Community Invites💡 : Interaktion steigern auf Twitch!

Hallo liebe Twitch-Community,

ich hoffe, es geht euch allen gut! Hier ist Claus, aka p2zee, und ich möchte eine neue Idee für unsere Lieblings-Streaming-Plattform mit euch teilen.

Was haltet ihr von der Idee, dass Zuschauer ihre Freunde direkt über den Chat zum Stream einladen können? Stellt euch vor, ihr gebt einfach /invite [Freundesname] ein, und schon bekommt euer Freund eine private Nachricht, dass ihr ihn zum Stream eingeladen habt! Das könnte nicht nur die Interaktion verbessern, sondern auch für mehr Freude auf der Plattform sorgen.

Mehr eingeladene Freunde bedeuten mehr Leute auf Twitch,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I suggest to create a setting for pinned messages to get unpinned if the categorie changes.

Often pinned messages are only relevant while the stream is in a specific categorie.
    A setting to account for that and make it possible would make moderating easier. This would be a great feature especially in big streams on channels which sometimes change their categories.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I block someone, either a streamer or a chatter. I don't want to see them anymore. I don't want to see them on my recommended channels list. I don't want to see them on the category I view at all. I don't want to see them in chat. I don't want to see any communication from them.

Make the blocking feature actually work please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow us to pin emotes or a creator (or ourselves) to the top of the emote selector. I sub to a bunch of channels and sometimes I have to search a while to find my own emotes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Many games that streamers play can be ruined when chat meta games. It would be cool if there was a /meta <message> so you could still talk with chat about what's going on without ruining for the streamer.

So if I were to type "/meta omg, xyz character is right around the corner!" only other people in chat and moderators can see it but its hidden to the streamer.

This would be huge for the RP community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Idea is being able to send a message through the use of the microphone without having to type on their PC or Phone keyboard. This will help any viewer who is cooking, driving, or doing anything to prevent them from being able to send a message in chat using their keyboard. Having a built in Virtual Assistant (VA) like Siri or something similar would be a brilliant implementation for Twitch. This idea is a bit more extreme, but it in the near future would expand the possibilities for Twitch. You can say something like, "Hey Siri (or whatever Twitch…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Having to drop 1 or more out of 5 tags to display to viewers the presence of an accessibility tool disincentivizes to use e.g. the "Closed Captions" tag.

I am not aware if other accessibility tags exits and if they do, if they could be automatic tags as well. Alternatively, accessibility tags should simply not count towards the 5 tags limit, since they convey crucial information to potential viewers with disabilities.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allowing all moderators to see when any moderator used /marker in chat would help to prevent confusion as to wether or not a marker was added upon broadcaster request.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We talked around and came to the point that we checked who wrote the most messages. We figured out that twitch only shows 999+ messages at the viewer dashboard you have in the mod-view. Would be awesome if this would get extanded

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Looking for a command/code on Twitch API when someone creates a clip and they use !clip the last clip made will go to chat with a link to the clip for everyone to watch. I do not want the command to make a clip or take a random clip from somewhere. I just want it to post the last clip made on my channel from my clips page that viewers made.

For those thinking why not get Nightbot or w/e? They can't because Twitch API doesn't let them. Should Twitch themselves have commands dedicated to Twitch stuff like clips, hosts…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice to have an option to change your nickname color on per channel basis.
    It could be reserved for a Nitro user, or just released to the public.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 例えば日本語をチャットに入力した場合、その国の方々が見ていた各国の文章に自動的に翻訳する事は可能でしょうか?
    配信中は海外のユーザーが視聴してくれる場合もあるので、自動翻訳機能が欲しいです。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch chat needs more options to ignore other users that aren't outright blocking. Sometimes a person may want to temporarily ignore another person in chat without having to remember to unblock them later. Giving the option to mute someone for 24 hours allows this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There are a ton of really cool global badges that are no longer obtainable due to Twitch no longer selling games on the site. Seems a shame that these icons were created by some talented staff but nearly no one has them.
    It would be neat to see them put out to the public again in some fashion.

Emotes are a huge draw for limited time events. People LOVE getting new emotes and showing them off. But the emote list is getting a little chonky. Maybe in the future we could have limited time events but earn new badges as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Being able to increase the max scroll back value beyond the 150 limit would help a lot with chat moderating, and help with chat interaction from the broadcaster. This feature would disabled by default in settings but once enabled the user will be able to set the value to his/her liking. Having a maximum limit to start with ex. 10K would be a great start, with the set maximum value becoming bigger over time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello everyone SlaveZero here,

Chat is mostly non subs and most streamers go to sub only chat, and I think that all streamers have loyal followers that were with them for years and are not subs. It would be nice if there was an option where streamer could promote their loyal followers to be able to participate in sub only chat.

Have a good day everyone!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have a running gag on my channel, and would love to be able to make a filter that automatically replaces one word with another to go along with the gag. Could also be used to fight spam and hate comdically.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. What I would like to see is having the option under the section known as "Featured Clips we think you'll like (which I don't), & from smaller communities: The option is to be able to select the ability to say "not interested" in said clip from either one; My reasons is that on every occasion I've seen from the thumbnail it's clips I have absolutely no interest in watching what so ever. Either because their clips from games, chats, speed runs / challenges on said game I have no interest in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think there should be a way to post these permanently unless removed by the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Highlighting have been good but the only thing I find missing is the ability to highlight new accounts, of say less then a week old. As mod it can use this to determine a bot / troll, if a said account is new and how they are perceived in chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?