Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

271 results found

1. Moments is a feature that Twitch released as a Beta to a handful of creators. Whenever something cool happened in your stream, you could give out a "Moment" to those who were there to witness it. Twitch just announced they are discontinuing it as of October. I'm writing this to ask you to reconsider.

The Moment was a clip that was created when you gave the command, and allowed for some minor editing. Anyone who claimed the moment would also receive a badge, and the more moments you claimed, the more your badge evolved over time. You could even click…

4,281 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Chat registers as an overlay (like YouTube) on the screen rather than making the stream a smaller size.
    When viewing YouTube streaming, I find myself leaving chat on as it doesn’t affect the overall stream viewing as much as on twitch where the viewing screen adjusts to smaller size to accommodate chat. I typically leave chat off with twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

3. Pause on mouse hover is a superb tool for moderation as it let you click the right moderation buttons to delete/timeout/ban the right person instead of clicking someone else on chat message pushing.
    But it has ONE weird detail, the popup letting you know chat is paused prevents almost any interaction and certainly reading the last comment as it is below the popup and i find myself normally trying to quickly delete or react to messages usually ending up there in that position and having to scroll the chat to do so.
    The solutions i think it would fix this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm requesting this as a Linux streamer since I use Steam Overlay to see the chat as there is no maintained apps for seeing the chat if you have one screen. The Stream Chat top bar cannot be hidden and is unnecessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Often I see someone's chat message and I just want to react with an emoji/emote, but replying and tagging the user with just an emote isn't really the same and can get spammy, especially with multiple reactions from different people. This is DEEPLY ingrained in Discord culture, and seeing your message get several reactions is quite rewarding.

Attaching the reaction to the chat message would increase engagement and decrease spam. It would also increase the value of unique channel emotes by adding new contexts for their use.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You can aktivate the mode direktly there where you type your message in.
    Now if you speak all that you are saying turns into text for the chat.
    We got the idea toghether from GTimeTV: https://www.twitch.tv/gtimetv

Commands:

Commands are actions that you are saying and something than happens.

• Start: Start the speech to text.
    • Stop: Stop the speech to text.
    • Send: Send the text to the chat.
    • Clear: Clear your text.

IMPORTANT! The command will only be executed if you don't say the word in one sentence!

For example:
    If you say "please stop it" nothing happens.

But if you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a button to LIKE a comment in chat. Add a little icon and number if a comment gets more likes. This makes it easy to see a good comment. (or change background color for a comments with likes)
    Possibly, if a comment gets more than X LIKES, auto pin this comment for like 1 minute for visibility.
    Good comments should be easily seen and interaction would be easy like this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. finally change this oversized special info stuff in chat windows please
    or let me hide per channel for a month or something like that

https://i.imgur.com/EzQ40FD.jpg

older screenshot:
    https://i.imgur.com/QaMMJSb.jpg

can make it hard to use/close emotes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think a lot of people might agree with this and I think this is a good idea but not sure if its possible..
    But hear me out....

what if it was possible for all streamers having an option to have an auto language translate?

Pro:
    - People that doesnt know how to type in english, will be able to type anything on their own language and then when u send it/ maybe before send it, will translate it to english.
    - you as a stream watcher, be able to join other content creators chat that is not in english,…

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When people are gifting large numbers of subs to a streamer (especially when multiple viewers do so back to back), the notifications break the flow of any conversations happening, which effectively makes chat temporarily unusable.

I don't want to not have a notification for this, because I do appreciate people who gift to my favourite streamers and want their generosity to be recognised, but it would be nice if the notifications could be delivered in a way that doesn't spam the chat. To that end, I'd like to suggest that when multiple subs are being gifted in one go, the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Looking through the IRC Chat Tags, it doesn't appear as if there are tags that would trigger a highlighted message.

For instance, if a first-time chatter posts something in chat, it would be nice to have an IRC tag that indicates that they're a first-time chatter. Regardless of what the user has set up on the website, this would allow for a bot, or StreamElements custom widget, to detect the tag and do something with it (such as play an alert, or post a message in chat, etc).

At minimum, the following tags would be nice to have:
    1) first…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. An option to be able to remove the text highlight when people @ mention your channel in your chat as it can be distracting for the streamer. If this is already available can someone please tell me how to do it, as I haven't been able to find the option anywhere

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. würde es mega feiern wenn man beim Twitch-Studio auch BetterTTv Aktiveren kann und man die Emojis auch dort im nutzen könnte

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently when you open a banned user's profile and open the ban tab, at the bottom of the ban tab there is just a blurb that states "Unban request was denied by X on Y date". Any additional text such as the unban request or the denial reason is not displayed in the window and is very difficult to dig up.

It would be nice if any unban requests text and the response could also show there, in order.

This would help Mods better understand why users were banned or help troubleshoot current behaviors based on what the response was.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. That's it. Ability to highlight a chatters first post that broadcast.

To be clear so that this isn't closed down again, I do not mean first time chatters ever, I realise that that is available. I mean first time in that live event.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thanks for reposting and clarifying. We appreciate it.

16. Deleting or editing a message in the stream chat will be so useful in the communication with the streamer.
    because sometimes i send a message incorrectly or i realize that i used the wrong words, and then the streamer misunderstands me. or sometimes i send a message that break the chat rules, BY MISTAKE, and then the mods suspect me or think that i meant it, and then i get timed out, and this will corrupt my relationship with the mods or the streamer, and this really annoys me, i hope this problem will be fixed soon,
    and thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have the ability to send bits to fellow chatters in the same stream. A type of high5. There are times in chat where a viewer/chatter helps, and is deserving, and there is no way to show recognition, cheer or donate to them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Chat with Twitch and Xbox Series S should have an option of being able to use a controller or use a phone, and you should explain it well to people that don't know how to use a controller and/or a phone. Maybe a window should pop up letting us know that we have the ability to change to phone or controller in the settings or have Twitch open automatically when that option is available. Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want the channel owner to be able to upload pictures. Without cutting down on the resolution in the chat And viewers in the chat can open the full size image to watch.

Because I noticed that When the channel owner creates the content by traveling to different places when encountering something interesting or a beautiful view will be able to take pictures and send them to viewers via chat for real-time interaction

All images may be deleted after the end of the live. Or only those who subscribe will be able to access the images.

In order to prevent…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Arabic letters are way too small for us to read. We often struggle since the letters are connected to forming a word. I would suggest a different font for Arabic that is clear when its small or big.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?