Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

General

This forum is locked while undergoing maintenance to organize and clean it up. Please submit your ideas in the existing forums and categories.

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. With the addition of custom Cheermotes it would be great to be able to add an info panel that allowed a gif image for broadcasters to show off the fully animated versions available on their channel. Most of the previews of the Cheermotes are hidden to viewers without a large amount of Bits, so an info panel to show these off would benefit the system a lot.

This would also allow emote artists to show off a selection of their animated Cheermotes, and let broadcasters looking for an artist see their portfolio directly from their channel.

The number of animated…

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I play through a lot of games on Twitch and instead of having a Highlight and a Past Broadcast... I delete the Past Broadcast and just keep the Highlight (as they last forever)

The fact that I an unable to rerun highlights, obviously leaves me with very limited options. Please return the ability to rerun highlighted vods.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Changing playback speed on twitch VODs have been useful for quickly scrubbing through archives or slow motion down eventful moments. However, it's currently only available for desktop. It would be a nice feature to be made available for mobile and tablets.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would love if the whole process of reporting someone came with a bit more transparency in regards to what then happens.

When reporting a user today, you're left with the message "Thank you for your report", and that's it. From that point, you have no way of knowing what happens, and you never hear back from Twitch in regards to the outcome of your report.

I would like to suggest that a bit of transparency is introduced to this process.
    If reports were treated like bug reports/feature suggestions, sending us an automated e-mail with a ticket-number attached, it would…

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I love the ability to resume a VOD or live > VOD playback so now what's missing to make this feature completely awesome is a way to go back to whatever you were watching.

A simple example would be to add a tab at the bottom of the "Following" view on iOS next to Activity / Channels / Videos / Games

Perhaps add "History" like a browsing history?

This would then show any VODs I have been watching recently. If I pick any of these, they will resume playing where I left them.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hey everyone,

someone who has their entire phone in English (since most stuff is English regardless, and others can be set), think the twitch app should really have the option to have the app in a specified language. It's great twitch tries to translate, but for me it's really uncomfortable to see the app in my mother language.

Tl;Dr change app language

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Since a year has already passed since the last time people talked about it here I’ll write again
    Everyone who makes clips will agree that it is inconvenient to look for a clip, you know the name, which was a long time ago, but to find it, you need to scroll a lot of clips

Search by clip name in the clip manager, because if you made a clip a year ago, and you are looking for a clip in the manager on that channel on which you are looking for a clip, you should look for more than 1000…

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. for when you just want to hide a panel, but not delete it and end up losing whatever you had typed.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Users often request that a streamer raise or lower his music volume. If there was a separate volume control for the music-volume built into the viewing interface, then viewers could raise or lower the music and stream volume separately to suit their individual tastes.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In the sense of IRC's +m channel mode, only moderators and higher would be allowed to speak.

Useful for:

Announcements
    Aiding in spam cleanup
    Crowd Control

This, I think, would be essential to mods of event streams, and other high traffic channels.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sometimes there's no point in creating highlights because other people have already created awesome clips. It would be really nice to be able to add clips to collections, so relevant videos, whether highlight or clip, can be viewed together.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the option to have chat on the left side of the window and the other options like the search bar and the friends list on the right side. Reason being that with dual monitor setups, if I'm playing a game on my left monitor, the chat is much farther away from my line of vision, reducing the ability to mod effectively

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Possibility to send a request to friends or other streamers which are streaming together to merge their chat together while they are streaming together so viewers can chat to both streamers without having to have multiple chats/streams open.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is a severe lack of large gaming conventions here, and i think it would help both the CA Twitch community, as well as the gaming community in general.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I often miss a good opportunity to save a clip due to being too in the moment of a stream. But someone else will often save it and post it which is great! I'd love to be able to add there clip to my clips list.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have the option to hide a stream you aren't interested in, such as streams in a language you don't understand.

Recently, an add-on for this was discontinued and now having to see the flood of streamers i'm not interested in or simply can't understand is clogging up the game sections and making it hard for me to find new streams that i actually am interested in. I've especially noticed the 10s of Fortnite streamers i had previously blocked showing up on the front page, i find it almost unbearable to use Twitch currently because of this.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Having a check box similar to the language check box that allows you to narrow down games/searches by console/platform would allow viewers to be more specific in their search.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You should add different tiers of the gift badge, like the bit badge. It currently shows the ammount of gifted subs already in the message in chat, but this should also be reflected in the gift badge.
    Do a score system, lets call it gift score, like following: $4,99 sub gives 1 point, $9,99 gives 2 points and $24,99 gives even 5 points, like you did it for the streamer with the sub score.
    Depending on the gift score give different badges. Maybe in steps like 3,5,10,25,50,100 etc...

Give the possibility to the streamer to upload their own gift badges,…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. As it says - there's a whole community of us who do Live Reading on the platform, with a substantial audience for it as well.

Be it books, poems, articles, funny stories from reddit, or whatever else.

Yet we have to use the category 'Just Chatting' and add the 'Reading Aloud' tag.

Given that there's countless categories for super-niche hobbies and content, a proper category for the most universal hobby in existence would be good (especially as lots of lurkers enjoy live streams almost like a podcast or audiobook anyway).

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BTTV is an amazing application that helps a lot of users with minor things that become a necessity after using for so long. I love being able to see all the BTTV emotes on twitch but the twitch application doesn't allow these. I also am a BTTV Dark user and on mobile we have to stare at the white background. They have recently put in a host button that shows under the channel you are watching. This means we can instantly click a button and boom the hosting is done for us with ease. Endless options for many people will…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)