Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

General

This forum is locked while undergoing maintenance to organize and clean it up. Please submit your ideas in the existing forums and categories.

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Hi Twitch support,

I am writing to suggest a feature that is missing in iOS twitch app while available on Android. The feature is subscription option! The app at the current stage has almost everything except for that feature. I really really wish it gets implemented into iOS app since its already available on Android. We should be able to select tiers, emojis and other features from the subscription interface just like on Desktop. It will also be really nice to be able to subscribe directly to our favorite streamer through an in app purchase option. That would be great!…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello, it would be great to have a button in the chat that would allow you to switch the chat language how is it done in google chrome extension. And if I, for example, go to a streamer speaking in another language, and turn on this function, I will be able to see the messages in my own language or some selected language, and if I write a message in my own language, then my message will automatically be translated into the broadcast language. On mobile devices, this would be very useful, since it is more difficult to use a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I really like the 'Pause Chat' feature. But the overlay indicator message that says that chat is currently paused, although already changed a bit, is still covering the last message / chatter name. So we can neither click the name nor click all the mod icons (at least when timestamps are on).
    Of course this is only a problem when chat is slow, but turning the entire feature on and off depending on peaks is quite impractical.

I would propose that this indicator shows up as the background of the chatbox. In a way that we could still type messages…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow us to edit/trim down already-existing highlights. A couple of issues I ran into: 1) When I completed a 25-hour stream, later wanted to play it as a rerun, and was told it had to be 24 hours or less (it'd be nice to trim it down some, so as to make it playable). 2) I downloaded the 25-hour video, trimmed it down just under 24 hours, and tried to re-upload it to Twitch, only to be told that it was too large D:

Please let us trim down existing highlights!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow people who have an available Twitch Prime Sub, to gift that sub to someone else, to a channel of the gifters choice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In Theatre Mode when the chat is pushed off the screen by clicking the arrow, the player doesn't stretch to the bottom of the browser leaving a bit of black space at the bottom. Why not stretch the player all the way down to the bottom of the browser?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If I look up the "Science & technology" category, I think it would be nice if the search "Science and technology" would also match this. I notice that if I use the word "and" the Science and Technology category doesn't show up as a suggestion due to the "&" and "and" mistmatch.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I see many live streamers in a blind run who keep running the warning messages about hints, suggestions and spoilers and while I'm looking at all of it I keep thinking "why enable the live chat at all in this case"? "Why stream live at all when the option does not exist"?

The only way I could imagine it's possible is making the bot spam the clear command on chat continuously, but it would clear all the messages of the bot too that the others could find useful.

Other streaming sites have this option, so why not Twitch?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In StarCraft I and StarCraft II, there are 3 races in the game that players play in the ranked ladder. There is a 4th one if you include random.

I suggest that Twitch adds a filter that can be set by the streamer to indicate which race they are playing: Zerg, Protoss, Terran, or Random.

This would be useful to the viewer because it would allow people to easily find streamers who are playing their favorite class. It would be useful to the streamer because they normally "main" one race and only play that, which would allow them to attract…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Holding CTRL and pressing the Delete key should delete the full word to the right of the cursor, like how holding CTRL and pressing Backspace deletes whole word to the left of the cursor, but doesn't seem to work on the text boxes of Twitch. I only tested the chat input and the search bar at the top.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When in dark mode and the streamer disconnects I am blasted with the White and purple disconnect image. Make a version that detects if I have dark mode enable IE grey or black and purple so I don't lose my eyes when a sudden flash of white light burns my retinas.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I feel like being able to request streams from streamers you follow or subscribe to would be good. You have a streamer you'd want to watch who might be free and it allows them to know they have people wanting to watch. It'll help mainly small streamers to boost viewers. It could be able to be turned off or on or even have the notification itself for streamers to be turned off.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Chat to be first!" Once someone accomplishes that then it changes to "Welcome to the chat room!"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Instead allow mods to ban for 24hours
    Only the broadcaster can permanently ban users

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be nice to have a tab for clips on my following page. So we can see all clips created by everyone we follow even if they are not oline, so we don't have to open their channel and browse ever single page for their clips.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With the new layout, the Following and Browse pages have a big huge header that takes up quite a lot of space and that merely repeats the information from the header bar. Since those headers are absent in the desktop app, it looks like an oversight.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Similarly to VIP Badges, streamers should be able to assign the "Founders Badge" to who they believe to be the "Founders" of their channel, and also be able to remove it from users as well. There are those that are eligible for the Founders Badge on channels, that they have either left or been banned from.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I'd like to know when my past streams are about to be deleted so that I can watch them with my friends one last time before they're gone forever. It's not fun when something good that you did that was recorded is just deleted forever like that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hey Twitch, as a DnB listener and streamer, it would be great to create a Tag that filters this type of music to the audience.
    Consider it! DnB is life

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →