Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

General

This forum is locked while undergoing maintenance to organize and clean it up. Please submit your ideas in the existing forums and categories.

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. So for example: I give a tier 1 sub to a viewer. The streamer should be able to gift 3 subs per month to any viewer they choose but the streamer can not get revenue from it. They get 3 per month and it resets every month

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi there,

I have a quick suggestion about a feature that I think would make the viewing experience infinitely better than what it currently is. My idea is that broadcasters have the ability to upload their audio separately. For example, their voice audio, their in game audio, and then maybe background audio such as music.
    From the viewers point of view, this would enable them to adjust the different volumes to their taste within their audio settings for that particular broadcaster. I believe that this would provide a better viewing experience because;
    - Viewers have the flexibility to adjust the…

61 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can you please create a way for non-partners to create teams. Maybe call them clubs, groups, party. It would be great for both twitch and players who like to stream with friends instead of alone. We use twitch almost daily and being able to stream together from a party would be better than using a 3rd party service for people to find us

61 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Twitch App

Many similar apps already allow you go make shortcuts to the games you launch though their app, like Steam, Uplay, Origin, Blizzard, etc. Introducing this feature for mod packs would be great.

61 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Just like emote only mode, slow mode, or r9k mode, a mode that would allow viewers to spam as hard as they want.

Many streamers I watch (and some for whom I mod for) encourage spam when they get raided or during special moments, but because of Twitch chat restrictions, viewers can only send the same message every 30 seconds. Many viewers feel left out in these moments because they can't really spam, and the streamer usually asks for more, so everyone is frustrated in the end.

What I suggest is something like /spam and /spamoff commands for mods+ to…

59 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Occasionally, streamers accidentally leave their streams on with a hot mic and even cam. During this, streamers can unintentionally reveal embarrassing and inappropriate things on-air without their knowledge with mods only being able to host another streamer as their only tool to stop the damage. Unfortunately, those watching outside their browser can be unaffected by hosting and still be watching the stream. I think these incidents can remedied and prevented by giving mods a sort of "Emergency Brake" to stop the stream. I believe this function should be optional for safety reasons so that the streamer can decide for themselves…

58 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The way it would work:
    There would be a button with the Clip/Options/Theater Etc. settings that would look like this http://i.imgur.com/zA5KDxa.png (quick 5am mockup). When you click the button, it will timestamp the VOD and take you to that moment when the VOD has been uploaded.
    Maybe there's a separate page on your profile where you can manage your "Watch Later" links; with a VOD link OR maybe you get a twitch message from a bot with a link to it?
    I'm not 100% sure if this has been submitted before or if there's a way to do this as…

57 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Twitch used to allow you to password protect your stream, but this feature was removed some time ago and I never understood why.

There should be a way to allow only people I approve of to see my stream. Sometimes I want to share a game with my friends and only them. Yes, "not playing" exists, but that will still send live notifications and won't prevent unapproved people from watching.

55 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think you could follow the chat easier if it was not immediately pushed one line up, instead it should be pushed in from bottom with a small animation.

the speed of the animation could be calculated by an algorithm involving messages/minute(second) the more messages the faster the animation.

51 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I was thinking about how streamers come across offline, when not hosting or streaming. I've seen a lot of people's channels being marketed so when I check them out I have to start watching a whole stream to see if I like them or not, or wait til they stream and watch it live.

Maybe streamers who choose to have a channel trailer can compose a video with clips from previous streams, kind of like a highlight reel, and they can include an intro if they want to market themselves to prospective viewers, whether it's someone who followed an external…

51 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Just incase you typo a name there should be an option to cancel a friend request.

51 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Channel Mods should be able to delete clips created by other non mod viewers.
    This could help out to delete clips which are inappropriate to the context or content created by the broadcaster

51 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A music switch on twitch?
    Would it be possible for streamers to put say youtube music or another program they are using in a seperate stream option so that the viewer can select if they turn the background music on or off.
    For example: "I am watching a streamer. I would love to hear him talking but I have my own music on and I don't want his music to interfere." (His stream has the option to mute the music I click it and I can still hear his audio from game and microphone)

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. While in fullscreen mode: allow the stream to go from landscape to landscape flipped without having the 'auto rotate' Android setting on.

The YouTube app works this way and I find myself missing it more than I expected when using the Twitch app.

In case the above isn't clear...
    1. Auto rotate is off
    2. Full screen stream
    3. Orient device to landscape
    4. Rotate device 180° (flipped landscape)
    5. Stream also rotates 180°

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Knowing when your favorite streamers start is sometimes very annoying when the streamer is in a different timezone. You need to convert it to the correct time, and even make sure Daylight Savings Time is applied or not. This can cause quite a lot of confusion.

I would love to see that you can add a widget into a panel, where the streamer can put in his starting times, for all 7 days in a week, and insert his timezone (if not autodetected correctly). From here the viewer can check the panel and have it show the streamer's timezone and…

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I watch content that streams one particular game and that is it. Twitch recommends streams I have no interest in. Especially IRL streamers like Amouranth. If Twitch can't come up with a recommendations script that is actually helpful, at least let me block certain content from even showing up on my dashboard.

48 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Twitch Afilliates to change their emote prefix to exactly how partners are able to. If anything, simply allow the change every 6 months so it’s still somewhat limiting.

46 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be amazing if you could see how many hours you've watched Twitch for, or better, how many hours you've watched a specific twitch channel for!

46 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think, it would be help to search clips on a channel, if there will be a search field on clips page.
    Another idea, the creator of the clip can add tags to clip, and anybody can find them.

45 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Twitch should apply to participate in the Vodafone Gigapass video so that users can watch on-the-go streams without consuming the data volume. It is a service of Vodafone in Germany. https://www.vodafone.de/privat/service/vodafone-pass.html

45 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →