Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

General

This forum is locked while undergoing maintenance to organize and clean it up. Please submit your ideas in the existing forums and categories.

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. This idea is fantastic, create twitch gift cards with 20$ to 50$ to let us buy twitch channels sub. it will be a lot easier for people that don't have credit cards and debit cards and safer.

please consider this because this will benefit you guys.

Thanks.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why the hell are we not allowed to block channels that we dont want to see? I have streamers that are annoying and i could give two SH@ts about and yet they are constantly spamming my recommended channels side bar. We NEED an option to block any channel we want that we dont want to see. This should have been a feature to begin with, its kinda pathetic that they don't have something like this implemented already.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When the stream windows is too small horizontally to show the chat on the right side, it would be better if instead it was placed (with an option to close it) below the video so that long vertical windows can still have video and chat.

For example, this would allow to have the stream and chat when having two windows (one of them chat) side by side. Particularly useful when using a single monitor.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You need to implement a faster way to reactivate accounts, currently it takes up to 2 weeks, which i find absolutly rediculoius, twitter and fb are instant, your process looser streamers money and views and subs having to wait for so long, what happens if somone did it by accident, fix this major floor

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. IT would be very Beneficial to streamers if twitch would allow /ipBan and NOT just /ban to some Twitch viewers, some Team members I know and myself have gotten death threats, weird and creepy msgs and users making new accounts day after day for harrassment.

/ipBan would allow a streamer to perma ip ban them from your twitch channel/room on twitch and wouldnt effect them elsewhere, and they couldn't even view your channel and if they make a new account they still can't view it.

It be nice if you're a Team Leader of a Twitch Team as well. and…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have a large list of streamers that I am following.
    Some of them stream irregularly/rarely.
    Some of those are game devs which i am interested in watching.
    But due to their low popularity they end up on the bottom of the list, and sometimes i miss the fact that they are online.
    The suggestion is to allow to mark followed streamers as favorite, so they will always show up at the top of the list.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Because it gets on the bottom right of the video.

P.S: Not when it's opened but when it's closed.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It's very hard to find streamers from Portugal in the middle of so many Brazilian streamers (Brazil has almost 20 times the population of Portugal), dividing it by Portuguese (BR) or Portuguese (PT) would make things a lot easier. This is the standard in programs, subtitles and games, since we use a lot of different terms. I think both sides of the language would welcome this change.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. There are a lot of trolls purposefully trying to harm new streamers by sending view bots at them. It looks very dodgy when a streamer with only 10 followers as accumulated 50,000 views within a few days of streaming, and it can give potential viewers the wrong impression about someone who is trying to stream in an honest fashion.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. There is already an option to follow and not receive live notifications, but what about having a system where you can get live notifications without following? Maybe you want try and follow when they are live or maybe give them a few moments before making the decision to show support by following. I think the option to receive live notifications without following would be a tool people would use. There are multiple times where I want to follow someone when they are live, but the problem is, I have no idea when they go live. Some people don't even have…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I have my collections on Twitch in a certain order, but changing the order is very un-user-friendly, and involves essentially removing and adding a video to a collection. Please change this by allowing users to order collections like you can order videos within a collection.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 99.9% of all twitch ads are just annoyances to me, mainly because they are untargeted and I don't care about their content at all. I always get movie ads. And I never watch movies. I suggest twitch reworks its subscriber system: make it like ISPs do it to provide internet access: 5 bucks a month flat, no ads, a portion goes to individual streamers based on view time.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This option would allow streamers to bank uncashed out bits and use them to donate to other channels, if they want. For example, one of my viewers sends me 500 bits. Those bits are banked and I can use them when making donations in the future.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) support for ingress traffic. https://github.com/Haivision/srt

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This seem to have started in the last month. Every VOD is automatically on a Youtube style "autoplay". What's with that? I always enjoyed using twitch when going to sleep because there are long videos that eventually end. The fact that it'll keep playing all night is obnoxious. Why isn't there even an option to turn this off?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I realise this was suggested and declined some time ago citing encoding performance being insufficient on any reasonable computer, but now that the newest versions of Nvidia NVENC and AMD VCE are both capable of better-than-realtime H265 encoding perhaps it is worth revisiting the idea.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I like following a lot of streamers, but having an option to favorite channels in a private list would be helpful for customizing a bookmark of these channels for quick access or zipping through popular streamers' top numbers and get to channels I follow with lower views.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As a streamer or editor (the latter most of all), it might not always be convenient to have to open the dashboard to change a streams title or game. Enabling us to do so in chat using commands like /title and /game would make it a lot easier.

Up untill now you need a chatbot hooked into the twitch API to control this from chat, wich is not horrible, but it makes some streams really dependant on these bots and not everyone wants that.

I know that there are commands specific to broadcasters and editors only so i would imagine…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hey Twitch,

The current Twitch IFTTT service is a great start. However, I'd like to see more event triggers for streamers. In specific:
    - If new subscriber on my channel (with variations for sub gift bundles)
    - If resub on my channel (with variations matching Twitch badges 1/3/6/12/etc)
    - If new host to my channel
    - If new raid to my channel
    - If cheer amount (with variation options)
    - If Tip/Donation (with variation options)

Reason for request: Those of us who have Nanoleaf, Phillips Hue, or smart lights could utilize those event triggers to create some very cool lighting…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Normally when I'm watching a stream while I work, I like to push the chat and stream to the side of one of my monitors. However, when I want to do this, I need to pop out both the stream and chat view in order to get it to look like this picture http://i.imgur.com/YpF2oEo.png . I have to do that because when I adjust my normal browser window, the stream looks like this http://i.imgur.com/3Vv1SWq.png . Is there anyway this can be changed so the stream and chat are displayed vertically without having to use the pop out players?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)