General

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The whisper feature has "Block whispers from people you don't follow" on by default. To stop harassment.

I run a stream and sometimes people who are banned from chat can still harass people in chat by whispering to them. Most are not aware that they can turn whispers from people they don't follow off. This is a problem I'm seeing all over twitch after the addition of whisper. It would be more user friendly if it was on by default. Thankyou :)

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ignore without reporting

Basically i made a bot for my channel (With commands , timers and point system) and sometimes i show chat on my screen and i dont want all the bots messages to appear on the screen. So i could ignore it but that would report it to twitch and i dont wanna do that.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. View chat through steam

a 2-3 months ago you could view twitch chat through steam but now you can't and since I only have 1 monitor I have to atl tab from my game to view chat where on stream I can shift+tab and easily view chat

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Language Sub Heading

I feel adding a small heading next to the game would do wonders. Just have in the sub headings the language that the broadcaster has tagged next to the game. Obviously, it would be in the viewers' language and it would say the exact language. Sometimes it's obvious, but other times it's not so obvious. I think adding something like this would be good. So like have it formatted like

TITLE
    Broadcaster • Game • Language

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display list of channels when mouse hovers over Following on left panel

I like how the "Following" button on the left panel now shows the number of active channels. It would be even better if when I hovered my mouse over the button, a list of active channels that I follow were displayed. The list could be a very simple list of channel names.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Removal of inactive users from follower Lists etc.

As I can see for myself and on the numbers under the streams I watch I noticed that often the number of follows is about 100x higher than the actual views and so I would recommend to remove inactive users in a process similar like follows:

1. After not watching a followed streamer for let's say 1 month the user gets a notification email that he is inactive for this specific channel and can be unfollowed if inactive for much longer.

2. After let's say 2 or 3 months of not watching a channel the user gets an email that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Turbo only chat mode ?

Is this even possible ? If yes, why "twitch" channel chat is not in turbo only mode all the time ?

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. South America desperately needs an twitch server. Azubu is getting more popular here each day.

Just like the title says, South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile) desperately needs an Twitch Server, hence the closest one is in Miami or something. Azubu is getting even more popular each day here in Brazil for example, and there's actually a significant number of Brazilian spectators/streams.
    Please, someone do something! It sucks so much that we don't get any attention and respect from you guys! :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a game channel specifically for independent game developers to showcase their game designs and help build exposure

An old friend of mine is a video game developer and his team is currently running a kickstarter campaign to get more funding to finish the game. The problem is that social media only travels so far especially from a small studio that 99% of people have no clue even exists.
    I think if Twitch added a channel specifically for independent game developers then this would give them a huge platform to show their game to a potentially enormous audience and get people to help support them as well if they wanted to.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show most recent VODs from channels you follow on one page

I enjoy catching up with recent VODs from my favorite channels. But every day I have to manually go into each channel's VODs to see if they broadcasted. Could you just show me the most recent VODs from the channels I follow (in chronological order)? That way I could just choose a recent VOD from a list instead of manually searching.

Thank you and keep up the good work :)

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hosting option to disable sub notifications while hosting.

While hosting other channels, perhaps giving the hoster the ability to disable the sub notifications from said hosting channel

Example would be for Evo or SGDQ, if someone subs to their channels, and I am hosting it, the sub notifications keep coming in to the point that it is very aversive to my chat. It gets to the point that chatters in my channel will not even chat since the notifications keep coming. Perhaps disabling the notifications or giving us the options to disable it if we wish would be beneficial.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mute for android (or mobile in general)

I often listen to podcasts or music while watching streams on my tablet. Since there are the options for chat or audio only, video only (or a mute button) makes so much sense! Especially as devices are getting better at multitasking, i find myself wishing for this more and more.

With popout now there for for android i can imagine cases where i want to mute a stram while playing a game

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let streams have a "Lead Mod"

Most streams already have an unofficial "Lead Mod", so why not make it official? There are also times when other mods need to be moderated and sometimes it cannot all be done by the broadcaster. It'd also be giving credit to all the great people out there who are busting there asses and taking this seriously. This needs to be done.

23 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Volume Mixer

Add a plugin where viewers can turn down or turn up different sounds that are coming from a stream, such as music they're playing, streamers voice, game volume, etc. Not sure if this is possible, but it would be an awesome feature.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More Stream Filters

Add a filter to sort by competitive, casual, variety, speed-runner streamers. Viewers can have an easier time finding what they want and branch out to other similar channels. Streamers can set their own category via the settings menu.

26 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Worst support I've ever seen

Really, contacted you via Twitter and mail, and no answer in a day on both, c'mon, you really have schedules in answering stuff online?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to outright ignore people in a chat if you're a moderator/broadcaster in a stream

OK, it's nice that we can block people from whispering us, but the whisper feature was already unbroken if it's set to "block whispers from people you don't follow" by default. Ignore was unbroken before it was adjusted due to whispers, but now it's broken because the redesign assumes that you still want to see these peoples' posts in chat for moderation purposes.

IGNORE should mean IGNORE. As a broadcaster, I ABSOLUTELY need the ability to ignore viewers who are trying to troll me, and just let the moderators deal with chat. I want to filter out the ones who…

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mobile identifier in chat

I want a little icon next to the time stamp in chat if the person is using the Twitch app to chat.

As it's probably been mentioned a ton of times the Twitch app has some problems where not all information that you would naturally see on the PC is visible to the Mobile App users.

Example: A streamer I was watching had a link to give further explanation on a speedrun he was doing in his title, but a lot of people watch him on the Twitch app, and were not able to view the link, and in turn…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base