General

1. Stream quality

I am asking for adding quality for companions, because people on 720p lagging can not normally watch their favorite streamer, please add the remaining quality for the companion

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the Delete message option to mobile modding

As a Mod who's primary way of watching Twitch is on mobile. It is very frustrating to know that a Delete message option without timeout or bans exist and not be able to use it. So if possible could the delete option please be added to mobile modding.

29 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Buying gift sub like bits

The idea would be you could buy gift subs to distribute later, like bits. Example: You're watching a stream and have a nice convo with someone in chat, you click their name and you get the option to give them a sub from your "banked gift sub" instead of having to use your credit card.

So it would help the streamer you're currently watching and would be a nice gift to a non-sub viewer.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. فارسی

فارسی

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve highlights by possibility to combine a few VODs

Hello!
    Realization of my idea will be very useful in case of some techical problems when OBS chrashes or some others causes. Because of this issues streamer should to restart his stream, therefore on Twitch will be a few videos which we aren't able to combine at this moment.
    That's why we need this possibility.
    Thank you.

33 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add a feature to hide or remove mass join bots from chatter lists.

There has been much talk on the r/Twitch reddit regarding the large amount of mass join bots. These bots, although they haven't broken a rule, are quite annoying to many people. Especially the ones that randomly follow/unfollow during a stream just trying to get attention.

I believe many people would really appreciate some sort of a feature like /hide NAME that will remove the username from the chatter list and possibly block them from following. If it is indeed a bot there is no harm done.

132 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Separate Modern and Classic World of Warcraft

Currently, both ‘World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth’ and ‘World of Warcraft: Classic’ streams are put into the World of Warcraft game when streaming. I am suggesting that a separate game is created for ‘World of Warcraft: Classic’ so that the content can be sorted more easily. WoW Classic is a very different game from years ago and thus is grounds for a a separate game slot.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow streamers who are building viewer counts towards Partner status to eliminate some low viewership streams from their average.

There are streamers who are putting in a major effort building up their channels, trying to keep their viewership counts high to gain consideration for Twitch Partner status. In doing that, they may avoid taking a chance with a particular stream(s) that's a bit different, for fear that it would harm their overall concurrent viewer count - so they avoid doing those types of streams. These are very talented, skilled streamers who may have a very unique creative talent to share that would be a tremendous benefit to less served portions of the Twitch community. The idea would be to…

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ads when changing player settings REALLY ???

Change quality setting = ad plays
    Open a stream on your desktop you already have open on your mobile = ad plays
    Switch between audio only and video on mobile = ad plays
    Pause a stream and come back after a couple mins = ad plays

Can we keep it to an ad ONLY plays once when you first open a stream, unless the streamer sets for ads to play every X mins. You can keep track of this via the account and not muddy the waters with only local app tracking.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change the viewer list button location and while you are at it remove "Chat Rooms"

The recent viewer list button relocation is AWFUL. Why did you move it to the top and make it necessary to show the room selector? The Room Selector just adds more unnecessary clutter to the already completely overloaded UI. Thankfully i am able to hide the room selector with BTTV.

For literally no reason at all you thought it makes sense to combine the room selector with the viewer list button. Why? Reverse the change.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Subathon Event

Subathons are something that many streamers do once or more per year to boost sub points or hit personal goals they've had. Adding onto the already available Events feature, being able to hold a special scheduled subathon event with a slightly discounted price for a subscription would be incredible for those wanting to hit their goals or unlock another emote slot. That being said, It would need to be limited to a certain number of uses per year so it's not super overpowered.

41 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. List of games & tags which I interested in

Hi!

Twitch has lots of tags and channels.
    You did a great thing that we can see some small channels at the "Discover" page, but manual deleting of those is not that good.
    My idea:
    1) Create somewhere in user settings that list which I mentioned before;
    2) Allow to manually add tags and games which a user want to see;

Therefore, those tags and games which weren't added would be ignored.

Thank you.

P.S. Would be great if you will allow resizing of the text area where people write their ideas. Thanks.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Combine chats in Squad Mode

It would be nice if in Squad Mode streamers could choose to combine their chats into a big one. The mods from each channels becoming mods for this big temporary chat. It'd improve everyone's experience of the Squad stream since much more people could exchange about what's happening!

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make an all encompassing Pokemon category

I know this has been suggested here before, but I'd like to put my take on it. The pokemon categories are kind of screwed up. Firstly, there are no categories for pokemon fan games, which people wind up playing a lot and streaming. Secondly, it doesn't account for people who shiny hunt across multiple games on the same stream. It happens a lot, and ive seen it every time i go on twitch. Thirdly, many of the existing pokemon categories are dead. No one touches them aside from a few brave souls. This leads to my last point. Finally, and…

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Sub Badges next to the channels I follow

I wanted to make a suggestion about the menu on the left side of the screen with all the people I follow. If you added my current subscription badge next to the channel name, it would catch peoples attention more and make them more involved in the channels they subscribe to (or got gifted subs). There have been many times that I even forgot that I had a subscription to a certain channel.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add 1.75x speed option for VODs

YouTube recently added 1.75x speed for videos. I find it be the perfect max speed for being able to understand most speech. (And at least one other person agrees: https://youtu.be/DQ8orIurGxw?t=115)

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support Multiple Audio Streams (a.k.a. multiple audio tracks)

Multiple audio streams in a single video are supported by OBS and popular video formats, but Twitch strips alternate audio streams from video it receives and offers no way to select alternate audio streams while watching a stream.

This feature came about in order to allow videos to have audio in multiple languages, which is something any streamer is unlikely to do, but the availability of multiple audio streams can allow streamers to make alternate audio streams for other purposes. For example:

1. Those with poor hearing may benefit from a voice-only stream so that game audio, background music, and…

23 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove the 100.00 minimum payout!

Twitch requires that you make a minimum of $100.00 in order to get a payout from twitch. I think there shouldn't be a requirement for this cause doesn't matter if your partner or affiliate, if you've worked your hardest, put content out there and has lost subs due to whatever reason and you've only made say $75.00 in one month you are still should get that.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make or Organize a Twitch Symphony Orchestra!

Just wondering if anyone had thought of organising/making a Twitch orchestra, like the YouTube orchestra from approx. 2009? I know the creative arts sector is still relatively new on Twitch but would be such a cool idea if Twitch would support it and can sponsor/fund an orchestral performance with musicians from all around the world. There are a lot of super talented classical musicians on Twitch and it would be lovely if we could make music together!

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More exposure to Creative and IRL categories

Creative and IRL categories have been available, in some form, on Twitch for nearly 3 years now, ever since the Bob Ross series was marathoned. Yet, despite the existence of these categories, people are woefully unaware of the existence of any of them, except the biggest two: Just chatting, and Music and performing arts. The latter of which is usually overrun by 24/7 radio channels, while Just chatting is still a "catch-all" category for even content that should be categorized under the specific ones (eg. Travel and outdoors, etc).

It's not uncommon for people to comment along the lines of…

42 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base