General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 2Way Sound

Try to get a way to record music in a different channel than voice and in-game sounds.
    Like maybe a partnership with youtube, while the streamer is on, and playing music the sound will be recorded in a different channel so the viweres can pick if they want to use the recorded stream with music or not. Because sometimes voice gets cut off on those recorded streams due to copyrights.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for programmatic access to Channel Panels through the API

I would like an API endpoint (gated by oauth permission, channel_editor seems to be the closest match right now, but this might warrant a new permission) that can make a PUT (/POST) request to the channel panels.

This PUT (/POST) would allow a user to create a new channel panel, or update an existing channel panel. (Updating an existing channel panel should require the Twitch ID to remove ambiguity. Dealers choice if a new Twitch ID is generated, or if the Twitch ID gets reused with a new updated_at date)

The channel panel submitted via the API should follow the…

27 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide muted audio notification on Xbox One playback

When playing a past stream on the Xbox One app where the streamer has at some point played copyrighted material, there is a notification in the top right corner that is always there, throughout the entire video. Even if the recorded stream is 9 hours long, and the muted portion is 30 seconds at the end, the notification is there from the very beginning. I request there be a way to hide or dismiss this notification, or have it so that it will appear when the audio for the video is muted.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Slow mode options

I think the slow mode for twitch could be improved on, I think both the broadcaster and moderators should be able to change the number of seconds between each "text" while in slow mode

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop viewbots from affecting Twitch entirely

Automatically detect viewbots, and puts the streamer to the page where he belongs. A streamer with 800 viewbots and 10 real people would not be on page 1, and would instead be put where they f()cking belong, in page 999.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding a "Radio" feature to Twitch.

I think a "Radio" feature would be really nice for Twitch. What I mean by that if it isn't clear was a feature where you could just get the audio for a stream and listen to it without needing to run the video. I have no idea how hard that would be to code but for people like me with a bad CPU but want to listen to a stream while playing a game without dropping frames or having lag it would be nice. I think it could be a beloved feature if added to Twitch.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow customization for r9k

R9k is very powerful tool for moderation of extremely large chat rooms (riotgames, esl_csgo, and many others). A problem I often run in to is that it prevents a lot legitimate messages come through as well. In the esports arena of chat people come to cheer (spam) for their favorite teams and players. I'm often left with either using r9k to prevent excessive copypasta or trying to moderate the bad copypasta out myself or via bots. If we could set the amount of characters in a message it would be a much more useful tool. Imagine "r100k" where it will…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Receive a status message when your report gets processed.

It would be nice to receive a message updating you on the results of a channel you report. It doesn't have to be detailed or anything. It just has to say if they have been banned/suspended, or that no rules were broken.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Android Mobile Twitch App - Dark Mode Chat

The twitch community consists of a lot of nightowls. Many of these people enjoy watching some of their favorite streamers from the comforts of their own bed. Unfortunately, Twitch chat is only available in a white background, which is uncomfortable to viewers in a dark room. We will BibleThump . We will not stop BibleThump ing until dark mode is implemented.

31 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to pre emptively set quality on mobile.

Traveling quite often means I end up using my phone for watching streams. However ads always load in full quality taking up a big chunk of mobile data. On slow connections it can also take an incredibly long time to load the startup ad in the first place. Adding pre choice quality will fix both of these

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow broadcasters to select if the stream is a competition.

Allow broadcasters to select if they are streaming a competition, or are currently in a tournament. Esports is a large part of streaming, and it is difficult to find anyone playing different Esports now. When twitch first was released, any competitive tournament would be at the top. It was easy to see and at least get a small idea about who will be streaming tournaments or competitions in certain games. Now the top list is filled with CSGO, LOL, Hearthstone, And Dota.

By utilizing the filter system for consoles that is currently already in place, it can be added to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adding a Payment option for a Phone bill to Subscribe

Adding a Payment option for a phone bill to subscribe with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add viewer buffering metrics/stats

Add a viewer buffering stat, to allow streamers to see if their viewers are unable to watch the stream smoothly. Possibly broken down by region and/or quality option (for those with transcodes), to allow streamers to more effectively tailor their bitrate and mitigate sessions of 'buffering hell' and stay watchable at maximum quality.

While this would never hit zero due to fluctuating network conditions, it would serve as a handy litmus over time, especially if it counted short-term viewers who may leave due to buffering issues, and help guide newer streamers away from just pegging the bitrate at 3500kbps and…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Turbo emotes

All Turbo users would be able to create 1-2 emotes for use in their own channel this could please alot of people and make turbo a more wanted feature.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stream Key Reset through Mobile App

I thought of this through seeing on my Twitter that Sattelizer was out of the house but had left his stream on; https://twitter.com/SattelizerGames/status/710663301844217856
    I responded with my idea;
    https://twitter.com/Roobeani/status/710665737120161792
    But through Brants tweet linking me here;
    https://twitter.com/HiItsBrant/status/710666623531745281
    Here I am posting it here.

A Feature in the Twitch Mobile App to Show / Reset your Stream Key!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keep subscriber icons after subscribing first time, but lose all the perks and emotes that come with being a subscriber if you don't renew.

There are streamers I would love to subscribe to, however the only thing that I want to keep is the subscriber icon to show that I have supported the streamer. I really don't care about the emoticons.

If Twitch would allow users to keep the icon that comes with being a subscriber then I would have no problem throwing some money at these streamers. If I or anyone else really wants the emoticons or perks that come with being a subscriber they can just renew their subscription(s).

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A side bar that works like the chrome extension

So basically it would be a side bar that works as the chrome extensions, so you can browse and see other channels and your followed channels. It's nice that the chrome has an extension but some low end pc's as my college laptop can't run chrome because of the high cpu demand, plus it's always nice integrate something that works so fine like the extention to your interface

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the option to select different soundtracks

The user should have the choice the switch between / mix different soundtracks, offered by the broadcaster.
    For example: ESport. The viewers can mix 3 soundtracks (clean feed, music, commentary). This would be awesome!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sorting options in Playlists

Currently, you have to drag and drop highlights over to the playlist section - which is fine. But a real hassle is trying to organize these within the playlist. I wish I could order them chronologically by name, or time recorded, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base