Implement a filter that would be present no matter what section of the site you are on allowing you to filter based on a primary language.
1) Force a streamer to select a single primary language
2) Allow streamer to select multiple secondary languages
3) Implement a filter that would be at the top of any search/game/category listing...
The filter should have two features.
- Allow user to filter based on primary language ONLY
- Allow user to sub-filter based on secondary languages optionally
This accomplishes two goals.
1) Allow the viewer to filter down to streamers that for the majority of the time will speak the language you set as primary.
2) Allow the viewer if they so desire to include secondary languages. Most viewers are not interested in watching a stream that is 50% Russian and 50% English however we should not remove that option as it takes away from the experience.
Trying to find a good channel for any game in Twitch is annoying currently as you sometimes go 4-5 channels before you even find one in your language depending on the time of day. This takes away from the experience and with new platforms such as YouTube Gaming coming....you know they will have this feature. Get ahead of the curve.
Twitch does not innovate much lately...the site looks about the same as it did 2-3 years ago. With from a viewers perspective...same features almost...not much has made Twitch better.
The moment you stop innovating you die. So lets avoid that!
Realgame Foodage commented
With the new app Primary languauge follows systems settings which is really bad! Many users are multi-lingual and have different preference of system language that differs from the language of stream they watch!
Yuri Crispino commented
Hillar Rae commented
All so maybe add Filter to playable platform. Sins there lots of console stremers, It myght come handy