I suggest you ...

Add Catalan option on Live Stream information settings

As a Catalan streamer I love to watch other catalan streamers. But twitch plataform don't allow me to set that my videos are in catalan because I can't specify that I'm streaming in catalan. I must choose: "Others".

This situation creates a problem for at least 11.000.000 people that lives in places where the main language is catalan because we have no easy method to find videos/streams in our language.

For that reason, We will really appreciate that twitch adds Catalan language as an option on Language settings of Live Streams.

NOTE: that we are not asking to translate the whole platform. We only want an easy way for catalans and any other existant language to filter the content and classifty it.

Thanks in advance for your support.

2,908 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Roger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

122 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Catalanoic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enhorabona per tenir la categoria del català!!!! Falta la interfície sí però ja s'ha fet un gran pas que en altres empreses i llocs web no permeten. Ara toca crear contingut rn català!! Bona feina! Thanks to the twitch team!! Really appreciated for the catalan community!

• Playcouple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Molt bona iniciativa, és difícil fer directes en català perquè vulguem o no, molt públic és sud-americà i no l'entenen, però igualment crec que és molt necessari que hi hagi la opcio de català.

• Marc Tadeo Izquierdo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Catalan, our language, is used on a daily basis by around 6.000.000 people and is considered world's 27th in importance. Allowing it to be marked on videos would not only contribute to pluralism and cultural sensitivity, but to the economic growth of the site.

So, here's my vote.
        Felicitats per la iniciativa.

• Mysidia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree... Catalan should be a choice for content language. As a matter of fact --- when a language can be specified for categorizing content; ANY significant language should be in the list.

I strongly suggest developers review international standards such as the ISO 639-2 language codes standard and make certain that every language in the standard is available for categorizing content: with a possible exception of languages which are no longer spoken ---- On the other hand, it is possible as well that someone runs an educational stream in which content spoken in a dead language is presented.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Catalonia, and Catalan language exists, we love twitch and Catalan. please be smart and dont close doors to people

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base