I suggest you ...

Allow collapsing of the new gui left sidebar.

Hey, The change that was made to gui that has the subscribe button, view count and what not on the left... its fine looks ok. but I have always viewed streams with the left hand sidebar collapsed for easier viewing. Can we make it collapsible again? I understand that you need to advertise the SUBSCRIBE button, so when the panel is collapsed you can move it back? This is the only explanation I can fathom as to why the left side bar isn't collapsible any more.

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Noi Knowles shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RatBrane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My big issue with this change is that if I'm not logged in the sidebar is automatically minimized (what I'd prefer) but if I log in it becomes full size. Also, when not logged in if I maximize my browser I can toggle the sidebars size.

• Laurreth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm assuming the redesign that's rolled out to some users is generally a bug. The sidebar doesn't even collapse "responsively", so as the browser gets narrower, it's eventually all that's visible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give the opportunity to hide the left side panel. The lack of a button on the folding makes me feel aggressive !. And technical support can not help me, saying that you have access to the new functionality of the site. They can not roll back.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Дайте пожалуйста возможность скрывать левую боковую панель. Отсутствие кнопки на сворачивание у меня вызывает чувство агрессии!. А техническая поддержка не может мне помочь, говоря что вам доступен новый функционал сайта. Который откатить они не могут.

• OmnicientWarrior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too want it to be collapsible. Sometimes I miss (or flat don't get) notifications on the Twitch page when someone goes live and it takes a bit for it to update, and I don't often check my email while I am watching twitch (where an notification is always sent) so it helps to see the icon light up, even if a little late, but I don't like the video being smaller, and in theater mode, it is gone completely.

• Batsy TK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new look is stressful. I prefer the old look all around especially the middle section, I miss the follow button being there. The left sidebar feels so congested

• Patrick Soth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! The new GUI limits the video size to a much smaller screen, unless Theater Mode is active which removes the left side bar completely. I loved being able to browse my followed channels via their logos, I don't need all that information the new side bar has.

Feedback and Knowledge Base