I suggest you ...

Do not disable Twitch notifications via an algorithm

It seems Twitch is rolling out a method where Notifications are disabled automatically for streams you may not view often. This could easily be missed by a viewer who wants to enjoy that stream but maybe timezones are an issue, or just real life gets in the way.

People can already manually turn off notifications if they choose, automating this seems to be something that will only hurt producers.

Some people may not receive an email at all, and find they have had their notifications forced off. This is a bad bad direction to go in.

Please only allow manual disabling of notifications.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Luetin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Redrover1760 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This twitch setup is annoying.

Maybe instead of the algorithm turning it off for you, use the algorithm instead to only suggest to you that you don't watch the channels and that you can disable the email notifications.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, I came here just to complain about it. Just received an email telling me I've had most of my notifications disabled because I "haven't watched these streamers". Except that, yes, I have been watching them! I'm just not logged in, since I don't participate in chat (my laptop is old and can't handle many things at once). But I check emails on mobile and come to watch on computer (bookmarks are still a thing, you know).

Anyway, that's an extremely useless and annoying new feature, Twitch! If I didn't want those notifications, I wouldn't have turned them on in the first place! Please stop with this nonsense.

Feedback and Knowledge Base