I suggest you ...

Respect people who HAVE to have a sub lapse, indicate how many months total they have subbed

1. Keep the sub badge so it represents the current consecutive streak. That way there is still incentive for those who can keep the sub streak going.
2. On Hover and in the resub notification, display the consecutive number of months and then the total number of months.So the streamer can see that they have been supporting, but may have had a lapse.
3. When in a current lapse of your sub, your last sub streak should still display but displayed in some way (such as being partially transparent) that indicates the sub is not currently active. This would show the that the user is not new and has been a supporter, but may not be able to support right now. This would do two things: remind the user to resub and also give people in chat insight that maybe that person could use the help of a gift sub to keep their sub streak going (Twitch: more $)
idea borrowed from here: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/297558-general/suggestions/18659041-add-a-translucent-version-of-a-subscription-icon-f

As someone who is in the middle of a forced lapse (have to find a job), it is an extremely crappy feeling to lose your substreak and to have that fresh sub notification display when you're able to resub to the channel. Throw those of us who fall on hard times a bone and at least display it in places where people who are looking for the total number can see it.

Those who can continue to keep a sub going will still have the prominent sub badge to show proudly, and will always have more time total than someone who has had to have a lapse or chose to have a lapse.

285 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ThunderGod97 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RaYaZ0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Yes! And yeeeeeeeees! Wow, I'd really love to see this idea on twitch. It's so annoying that knowing you have subscribed to X channel for 15 months, you can't pay next month and you'll lose it all. Like, if you were new or something.

• ThunderGod97 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did find work. Though I still fear that the subs that I had to stop the earliest may not be reactivated within the 30 day time frame. Again, this is no fault of my own. The time to get into the job and the time between when I start and when I get paid may be too much....thus I may lose some of my streaks....AGAIN (this is not the first time I had to stop twitch subs due to money issues). Twitch...come on.

• Joe Marino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea it seems this could be built in to twitch database. I get why they want it to lapse so it rewards those that stay subbed but sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that are beyond control of the sub or the streamer. Would be a great reward for those that lapsed for whatever reason.

Feedback and Knowledge Base