I suggest you ...

The new UI looks sleek. HOWEVER, in the process to modernize, you are destroying a subset of your community: user chat rooms.

For Twitch's older audience, there is little appeal to the main streamers default chat rooms. It's mostly a blur of text, written by teenagers who have no interest in chatting about the game or life experiences. It's all about the meme, about copy and pasting what the person wrote above you, and within user generated chat rooms we refer to it as "Cancer Chat." That's what it is.

Now many of your older users have sought refuge in this barely supported category of chat. We've lamented that you have neglected us but we are thankful that there is somewhere for us to actually have a discussion instead of being immersed in nonstop meme material. We've spent years building communities centered around streamers that we enjoy, and we've created friendships and bonds that, by slashing any support whatsoever for user generated chat rooms, you are essentially saying you don't care about.

This is an entire demographic that you will be shunning, when in fact you should be embracing us, as we embody the spirit of what Twitch was initially meant to be: gaming and game discussion, in it's purest and truest form.

Is there any assurance that you have something planned in the future for us? Is this a UI bug? Or are you dropping support for user chat rooms altogether? If so, what is your thought process behind this action?

While initially I was excited for the changes you were bringing, I have since opted out of Beta, and I will stay opted out for as long as user generated chat rooms are not a consideration as a permanent feature.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Spencer shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NativeAvian commented  · 

Twitch is actively killing their site everyday this will be the nail on the coffin if they remove group chats.

Feedback and Knowledge Base