I suggest you ...

Fix the twitch drops + vodcasts situation.

I think twitch drops are a great idea. Reward people for watching streams, sure. Currently, though, they result in a directory being flooded with channels that exist only to farm drops.

Normally a flood of uninteresting/low-effort channels would not be a problem, since nobody would watch them and they'd sink to the bottom of the directory. Drops encourage people to watch them, though, as long as the channels promise to stay online as long as possible.

Take a look at the Elder Scrolls Legends directory, where people get free cards for watching - https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/The%20Elder%20Scrolls:%20Legends

There is nothing about this game that makes broadcasters more excited to vodcast it, or viewers more excited to watch those vodcasts when compared to other games. It is just hundreds or thousands of people idling and farming, choosing vodcasts over normal streams because they know the vodcast will keep going while they're asleep or at work. This makes it substantially more aggravating to look through the directory for something you'd actually like to watch.

Possible solutions:

-- Disable drops on vodcasts. I'm sure there are SOME people who are genuinely interested in those vodcasts, so this feels bad for them.

-- Stop listing vodcasts mixed in with regular streams. Put them at the bottom of the directory or in another tab, just separate them somehow. Personally I wanted this even before drops were implemented, because I just don't have any interest in watching vodcasts. Drops have really exacerbated the issue though.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Haughington shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I think we all got enough of this hypocritical drama all over twitch chats and reddit.

Streamers benefit the same as vodcasters, but yet make the assumption vodcaster are lesser quality and deserves 0 viewers and 0 drops. While the "almighty" TESL streamers who believe they are so great that they can benefit from 24/7 drop too, because they host their buddies in chain and obviously should deserve all the viewers to feed their adds and such. While their overall content and quality is questionnable. They are not any better actually.

This is all jealousy and selfishness. Twitch, let me tell you what to do, get rid of your drops system, nobody is ready to receive FREE rewards. Let Bethesda and DWD handle their audience otherwise.

Just for the records, I stopped watching good streamers because this system shown the worst of them, and I won't ever again watch them. There are way more, entitled free, vodcasters to enjoy around here, with good enough content.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am against this. There is no reason to make this change. It would only benefit the top 5 streamers of the game.

• Anonymous commented  · 

When is Elder Scrolls 6 coming?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Snaxximan, is that you again? Need pepper to the salt?

• Anonymous commented  · 

QQ DEAD GAME. Just play Hearthstone

• Anonymous commented  · 

LOL yeah, change the system for a game like elder scrolls legends. how many players do even play this game? 8k? LMAO

• Anonymous commented  · 

It's fine the way it is, people will watch what people want to watch. This is simply wanting to force a lot of people who DO watch vodcasts over live streamers to do it YOUR way because you think it should be your way.

Feedback and Knowledge Base