I suggest you ...

Twitch Achievements!

Hey there! I wanted to share a really great idea that I came up with and did not see on the uservoice section of Twitch:

Twitch Achievements!

With this feature, your unique Twitch account would have the ability to earn specific achievements directly through Twitch.tv for completing tasks they already do on a daily basis. Certain categories and examples for achievements include:

1) Streaming
"And so it begins...": Complete your first live broadcast (vodcasts excluded)
"I'm a pro!": Complete your 100th live broadcast (vodcasts excluded)
"I'm a legend!": Complete your 1000th live broadcast (vodcasts excluded)
"I have no life": Complete your 10000th total hour of live broadcasts (vodcasts excluded)
"Millenium streamer": Complete your 1000th total hour of live broadcasts (vodcasts excluded)
"Around the clock": Complete a 24hr live broadcast
"From dusk till' dawn": Complete a 12hr live broadcast
"Typical work day": Complete an 8hr live broadcast
"Life is like a box of chocolates": Complete a minimum of 1 live broadcast in 10 different game directories
"Mix-up": In one day, complete a live broadcast in a minimum of 2 different game directories
"I feel so loved!": Receive your first host during a live broadcast (auto host excluded)
"That's a lot of love!": Receive your 100th total host during a live broadcast (auto host excluded)
"Too much love!"; Receive your 1000th total host during a live broadcast (auto host excluded)
"Around the world": Complete a live broadcast on a minimum of 2 different twitch servers
"Green thumb": Complete your first live broadcast in the "creative" directory
"My life": Complete your first live broadcast in the "IRL" directory
"One of us": Join a stream team
"Transaction successful": Successfully have an in-game purchase of the streamed game occur during a live broadcast

2) Viewing
"I'm new here": Watch your first hour of live broadcasts
"You're my favorite": Watch an individual's live broadcast for a cumulative total of 100hrs
"It's my day off": Watch an individual's live broadcast for a minimum of 4hrs
Twitch is life": Watch a total of 1000hrs of live broadcasts within 1 year
"Variety soup": Watch a minimum of 1 hour in 10 different game directories
"I'm wanted!": Join a community
"Cruisin'": Watch a minimum of 10 different live broadcasts for a minimum of 5 minutes each within 24hrs
3) Video Uploads
"Single": Upload your first video
""Upload King": Upload your 100th video
"This isn't YouTube!": Upload your 500th video
"That was fast": Upload a video with a runtime of less than 2 minutes
"Is it over yet?": Upload a video that is longer than 1hr
4) Hosting
"Here's some support!": Host your first live broadcast
"Support level 2": Host your 100th live broadcast
"Future Twitch Admin": Host your 1000th live broadcast
"When I'm not there": Add your first auto host to your auto host list
"Community love": Complete your first auto host to a member of a stream team you are currently enrolled in
"I need my chat!": Perform your first unhost command
5) Chatting
"This is my first time": Complete your first chat message
"Getting better at it": Complete your 1000th chat message
"I've said it all": Complete your 1000th chat message
"I'll shutup now": Complete your 100,000th chat message
"I cannot be silenced!": Complete your 1 millionth chat message
"Sssshhhh...": Watch a minimum of 2hrs of an individual live broadcast without completing any chat messages
6) Bits
"Oh, what's this?": Watch your first ad for bits
"I've seen it all": Watch your 100th ad for bits
"I've really seen it all!": Watch your 1000th ad for bits
"A penny a day": donate your first bit during a live broadcast
"Every dollar counts": Complete your first 100 bit donation (100 bits in one donation to activate)
Millennial donator": Complete your first 1000 bit donation (1000 bits in one donation to activate)
"That's a lot of bits!": Complete your first 10000 bit donation (10000 bits or more in one donation to activate)
"I'm the greatest!": Donate a cumulative total of 10000 bits or more during live broadcasts
"I'm seriously the greatest!": Donate a cumulative total of 100000 bits or more during live broadcasts
7) Moderation
"Sword activated": Become and remain a moderator in 1 channel for a minimum of 1 month
"Trust your instincts": Become and remain a moderator of 5 channels for a minimum of 1 month
"That's a long time!": Become and remain a moderator of 5 channels for a minimum of 1yr
"hold your tongue": Complete a cumulative total of 100 timeouts
"I'm all yours": Complete a minimum of 100 total timeouts in an individual channel which you are a moderator in
"Picasso": Become an editor in an individual channel

In addition to the achievements listed above, there is limitless opportunities for new achievements to become available with constant new additions to Twitch! The sky is the limit! Also, it could be possible to create some kind of rewards system for achievements that are earned and could contain some form of value. With this achievement system in place, both streamers and viewers will benefit and ultimately increase network traffic, broadcast time, viewership, and in the end drive revenue for Twitch.tv!

Sincerely,

thejakeparker

twitch.tv/thejakeparker

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google