I suggest you ...

Red Swords, a punishment given by mods/streamers

Guys... Red swords is the best idea ever!
I came up with the greatest idea ever tho.. if twitch gave every people that have been banned on multiple channels a red sword so people could see them just like the green one... it would be useful and it would be an awesome RPG theme :) I know I find my self a lot in an situation where I'm like "is this guy a friend of the channel and I just forgot and by that gives him the right to make a small little on the edge joke... or is he just a straight up cunt that needs ban" the red sword would make it pretty clear who is trolling and who likes them edgy jokes.. And then if they behaved for like a month or so.. the red sword would go away??

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kim Ross JensenKim Ross Jensen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SareezSpeaksSareezSpeaks commented  · 

Sounds like a reward for a troll. Just ban him globally.

• Mark_the_DrifterMark_the_Drifter commented  · 

I like the cracked in half broken red shield icon, it lets people know who the trouble makers are.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

awful idea. although those that you are aiming this at are likely bullies themselves, this implementation will open up the potential for people to attack/harrass strangers [with the red sword] and make the community less real for them. in an MMORPG, people with red names usually are not talkative (solo players), and they obtain their red names by picking off people who are dumb enough to approach them; however, that is not the same as a twitch chat where the point IS to approach others. face it: some people have different senses of humor than you. my advice is to simply get thicker skin, or impartially ban all people who make offensive jokes so that it's clear what is and what is not allowed in your channel.

• trmcdougletrmcdougle commented  · 

I don't know if I agree with this idea, but a sword would be the wrong icon. How about an upside down broken red shield (the reverse of a good sword)?

Feedback and Knowledge Base