I suggest you ...

Allow me to choose where the purple Twitch bar is located.

The new Twitch layout forces me to have a purple navigation bar at the top of the webpage that I cannot hide or scroll away from. This means the layout now has 2 bars at the top of the screen that display different things and neither of which can be scrolled away from and neither of which I have the option to hide. Now when I watch a stream on a 1080 monitor in fullscreen, the video is not centered on my monitor and is instead lower on the screen and there is no way for me to center it through scrolling the page.

This is extremely annoying and you should give us the option to have the old layout or remove the bars altogether OR the option to scroll the page down so the bars can be hidden.

105 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dave KapDave Kap shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KobisKobis commented  · 

Yes! We need an option to hide everything in the UI except for stream and chat. I want to be able to remove all my clutter but without fullscreening so I can still see the chat.

• Khaos_KyleKhaos_Kyle commented  · 

This purple bar is such an eye sore. You need people on your team that tell you what a crap idea is.

• trmcdougletrmcdougle commented  · 

I would like my vertical space back (for chat) please twitch.

• Kaloyan BankovKaloyan Bankov commented  · 

I think the purple bar was an Aprils fool joke and they forgot to remove it... the bar is so bad i have no idea how and who accepted it!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Not being able to collapse, hide or move the purple bar is a pretty bad fail when it comes to UI design.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add an option to disable or hide this new bar.

• Andrew GaddAndrew Gadd commented  · 

I dislike the purple top bar. Please make it go away. I know you can sort of make it go away by going into theatre mode. I still find it uncomfortable to look at when browsing games.

• Please fixPlease fix commented  · 

We should be able to scroll away from the purple bar. It is so annoying to have 2 bars that I can't get rid of. I don't want this kind of clutter on my screen.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This purple bar is EXTREMELY annoying, i wish is was disabled when you on a stream channel page cause i just cant watch streams not in a fullscreen or theater mode.

• JohnJohn commented  · 

Couldn't agree with you more, I permanently have every stream in theatre mode now for that very reason, pretty sad there's no option to hide it or turn it off completely :/ so intrusive.

Feedback and Knowledge Base