I suggest you ...

Work together with developers to get banned games allowed back on Twitch

I’m developing a game called Yandere Simulator.

In January of 2016, Twitch added my game to their list of prohibited games: help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1992676-list-of-prohibited-games

This was a newsworthy event, and numerous websites reported about it:

http://www.pcgamer.com/yandere-simulator-banned-from-twitch/1
http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/22/10815594/yandere-simulator-banned-twitch-reddit3
http://kotaku.com/yandere-simulator-dev-says-twitch-hasnt-told-him-why-hi-1754533741
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-22-what-is-yandere-simulator-and-why-has-twitch-banned-it1
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/127108/20160123/twitch-bans-users-broadcasting-yandere-simulator.htm

The Twitch community reacted with confusion, unsure why the game deserved to be banned: www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/4230gv/so_yandere_simulator_is_now_banned_from_twitch/2

I made a video about the subject, expressing my own confusion: www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_KPVLXf3B03 This video has been viewed over 877,000 times.

Over the past 11 months, I have attempted to contact Twitch numerous times to ask why Yandere Simulator is banned. However, Twitch has never given me a response.

I’ve submitted report tickets — no replies.
I’ve e-mailed the support team and the dev success team — no responses.
I’ve messaged Twitch administrators — no help.

I would be more than happy to alter my game’s content to permit it to be streamed on Twitch, or produce a “Twitch Friendly” build of my game. But, first, someone at Twitch would need to speak with me and tell me what content needs to be removed or toned down.

As far as I know, Twitch does not make it possible for developers to contact them and discuss the reasons why a game was banned, or work together in order to get a game allowed back on Twitch. A solution should be implemented as soon as possible.

871 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Yandere DevYandere Dev shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • YagamiYagami commented  · 

An adult-only warning option on streams would avoid all censorship u.u

• Chariram123 ( Look up my youtube channel )Chariram123 ( Look up my youtube channel ) commented  · 

yandere dev. what game are you going to make one's yandere simulator is done? are you going to do yandere simulator 2 or dlc's for yandere simulator or you are going to take a break fir a bit?

• GaerikGaerik commented  · 

@Anonymous you mean just like the South Park game?

But really, this isn't the deal - the main thing he's looking for is official, detailed feedback from Twtich.

• Daniel DawsonDaniel Dawson commented  · 

@Anonymous That's no excuse. If they're taking an action (such as banning) that will have a great impact, they have a responsibility to look into things far enough not to make blatant errors, if indeed this was an error.

It also still leaves the matter of them blatantly ignoring him despite giving the impression that they will actually communicate with people. If it really is unacceptable, why can they not simply give the reasons?

• Acorn444Acorn444 commented  · 

I too am also confused as to the game's ban. Please expand on the reasons for this Twitch. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Gosh, people are so blind at times! I understand how YandereDev feel about his game being ban by Twitch. But you need to consider the fact that the game is known for violence and death targeting students who look underage at first glance. (Example: Look at Tatsumaki from OnePunch-Man, people who weren't familiar with OPM thought that she was a kid and not a 28yo woman.) People who get the first look of the game won't bother to do research about the game first before triggering the gun.

Understand that in your recent videos, each elimination compared to other game have the same mechanics, but those are individual categories. Yandere Simulator has the all-in-one-package. You can't compare to different variety of games that has only one thing and also not mainly focus on. Yandere Simulator have all the above mentioned, group into a single game.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I sent them an email about this issue, I hope they read it.

• GaerikGaerik commented  · 

Dear Twitch employee who's reading this. This man is not deliberately attempting to admonish your website. He's not trying to intimidate you into removing his game from the ban list.

He's simply a respectable and well-loved game developer who's been suffering a lot with a suddenly and unexplained prohibition of his game being broadcasted here, and wants to find out the reason for such a thing to have happened for more than one year.

Please, contact your co-workers, your superior. Figure out why they're so concentrated on keeping his game banned, and give this guy the answer he's so desperately looking for.

Maybe he'll be able to work around whatever problems Twitch has with his game. Maybe he can remove whatever bothers you so much and allow his game to be streamed once again, earning millions of viewers for the dozens of streamers that do want to play his game on here.

Maybe you as an individual will even end up gaining a promotion for your successful initiative at solving this year-long problem.

• SmbfunSmbfun commented  · 

Let's hope that twitch unbans the game...

• Anonymous commented  · 

This game is unfinished and can be changed, making it banned is terrible. This game doesn't even need to be changed as all content can be found in other non banned games which do even worse activities in said games, this is beyond hypocrisy

• hottycathottycat commented  · 

Why is it so hard to communicate the reason this game was banned? Personally I don't care for the reason (because Twitch can do whatever they want, it is their site after all) but for the love of god open your mouth, Twitch, and tell us why.

My personal guess is that the list of banned games has no rules behind them that are arbitrarly enforced. As such there is "no reason" for the ban. Twitch could easily disapprove my claim but they don't.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Their unwillingness to work with you to figure something out is so unfortunate. You'd think a big company would want to make a big show of looking out for the "little guy." Make a photo op out of them supporting an indie dev.

• WatcherCCGWatcherCCG commented  · 

Refusing to respond is unprofessional, stupid, and unethical. All the man wants is a reason why.

• Pingpong MuffinheadPingpong Muffinhead commented  · 

Discovered this with only 5 votes originally. I am doing my best to share it as much as possible.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base