General

1. Add Catalan option on Live Stream information settings

As a Catalan streamer I love to watch other catalan streamers. But twitch plataform don't allow me to set that my videos are in catalan because I can't specify that I'm streaming in catalan. I must choose: "Others".

This situation creates a problem for at least 11.000.000 people that lives in places where the main language is catalan because we have no easy method to find videos/streams in our language.

For that reason, We will really appreciate that twitch adds Catalan language as an option on Language settings of Live Streams.

NOTE: that we are not asking to translate the…

2,905 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Completed  ·  122 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More Affiliate Emotes

As an affiliate who is succeeding in grabbing a wonderful community of viewers and subscribers, I would love for them to receive what they deserve for their patronage to both me and Twitch. I believe that Partners should 100% be allotted more emotes for their success, but the same could be said for us affiliates. I understand that can be difficult to do considering you (Twitch) wants to have more benefits for partners. However, I believe there is a middle ground that could be met and I have a few ideas that I will list to give us hard working…

288 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Subscription gift check

Make some pop-up window for check gift recipient. Often a gift is given to bots.
    For example: I gift 5 sub and 3 subs was gifted to bots, it`s not good. But if for getting gift recipient must click on some button, bot fail this cheсk

36 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Ukrainian language

Ukraine has a ~40M population, of which, according to the last census, 67,5% consider Ukrainian their mother tongue.

Ukraine has a vibrant gaming community. Ukrainian eSports teams (go NaVi!) are some of the most successful and competitive in the world.

Valve added Ukrainian language option to Steam in 2013 and since then the number of Ukrainian Steam players (and Steam games that have a Ukrainian localization) has been steadily increasing. According to SteamSpy, as of June 2016 there were 3.7M Ukrainian players in Steam. (source: http://steamspy.com/country/UA )

Given the above mentioned arguments, we, the Ukrainian gaming community, ask of you…

12,002 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1047 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Different colors for affiliate sub badges at 3/6/12+ months!

We all understand affiliates are not partners, however, I believe this is simple enough to be implemented and would feel extremely rewarding to the loyal subscribers of affiliate channels to have different colors for 3, 6, year and so on marks. Currently, every single sub is stuck with the purple badge which is quite nice, especially over the old black one but it would mean a ton and provide a means of standing out for the most loyal viewers.

As for implementation, twitch could use the bit badge colors for reference. Purple is already existing as 1-3 months. Teal/Green could…

162 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Twitch Achievements!

Hey there! I wanted to share a really great idea that I came up with and did not see on the uservoice section of Twitch:

Twitch Achievements!

With this feature, your unique Twitch account would have the ability to earn specific achievements directly through Twitch.tv for completing tasks they already do on a daily basis. Certain categories and examples for achievements include:

1) Streaming
    "And so it begins...": Complete your first live broadcast (vodcasts excluded)
    "I'm a pro!": Complete your 100th live broadcast (vodcasts excluded)
    "I'm a legend!": Complete your 1000th live broadcast (vodcasts excluded)
    "I have no life": Complete…

70 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Implement a "VIP Badge" so streamers can identify important persons (Devs, Community Managers, Industry persons or just general VIPs)

Streamers regularly have to Mod persons of interest in their chat, whether other streamers, devs, community managers or just general "VIPs" in chat so they can be more visible and be interacted with more effectively.

This results in many streamers having Mods in the triple digits, and management of the Mod team being more complex.

A simply implemented fix to this situation would be to bring in a "VIP" status badge, with none of the authority of a Mod Badge.

Implementing this feature would allow streamers greater flexibility in how they handle their communities and make communicating with one another…

1,203 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change the friends list from "streaming" to "vodcast" if it's a vodcast

Currently if a friend has a vodcast playing it just says "streaming *game*", it's a little confusing and should really read "vodcast *game*".
    Even when you hover over the friends name it still says streaming.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let us see all clips people have created for a channel in one place

We can already see all clips people have created for our own channels at: https://clips.twitch.tv/my-clips/channel

But there doesn't seem to be a way for anyone else to see those clips. Also letting us sort them by views/date would be great.

I think it would be great for the channel's community to have highlights in one place. If I miss a stream and don't want to watch the VOD, I can just watch the highlights. Also, it's a great way to get familiar with all the channel memes, or perhaps with the streamer him/herself.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hello I'm an editor for a twitch streamer and I was wondering if there would be anyway to increase an editors ability to edit clips? Current

Hello I'm an editor for a twitch streamer and I was wondering if there would be anyway to increase an editors ability to edit clips? Currently my workflow is: I download a VoD via third party program, then from there run the VoD through Handbrake to fix any A/V sync issues, and then I edit the VoD in an editing program (Premiere Pro CC). Is there anyway that I can just use the highlight section like an editing program? It doesn't have to be super in depth, honestly the ability to fast forward, rewind, and cut/edit all while being able…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. title/anotation on clips

i just would like the possibility to add a title or an annotation on the clips i made (on the My Clips page) because they only have the title of the stream and that's definitely not clear enough

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Changing Twitch usernames without making a New Account

People can change their Current Twitch Username to a new one if they don't like their Current Twitch Name

1,583 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    279 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expand CS:GO's Subcategory and Creative's Tag System to all categories.

Make a uniform tag and subcategory system, one that can be rolled out across all categories. Allow for streamers to add tags to their streams easily and order the tags by popularity when searching by tag. It's very hard to find streamers in medium/large categories that are the most relevant to what the viewer wants, vs who's most popular due to algorithmic advantages.

For subcategories, let partnered streamers in that category suggest new sub categories for the category and any streamer who has streams in the category can upvote them to make them more prominent subcategories, with a minimum amount…

164 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Directly Gift Subscriptions to Users

For the most part the Twitch subscriber model works well: It allows the user to support their favourite streamers while getting some neat emotes in return. However not everybody has the financial ability to put aside some of their limited income for streamers.

One of my favourite things to do (Aside from shitpost in chat :^) ) is send gift subscriptions to long-term viewers. As a moderator it's heart-warming to see how excited people get when they finally receive the ability to give back to a streamer that's provided hundreds of hours of entertainment to them.

I'd love to see…

112 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Implement a "Folllower Only Chat" option.

Especially useful for non-partnered streams to help stop spam bots. Good for partnered streams who don't wanna punish non-subs, too.

353 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow xbox one streamers the ability to stream the party/game chat

EVERYONE(that streams on the xbox anyway) WANTS PARTY/GAME CHAT TO BE HEARD ON STREAM. I stream on twitch and I want people to hear my party or the stupid people I meet online please make this happen.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Dan M responded

The latest update to our Xbox One app includes a toggle to allow broadcasting of Party Chat.

17. Finalize the onsite translations

As one of the number one livestream site in the world it is quite unacceptable to leave the onsite translations in this form as today: unfinished. I know that the majority of the viewers are english speakers, but if you want to search for streams in a specific language you have to change the language of the site itself. For example: the hungarian translation currently roughly 40% finished with a lot of mistakes and the other 60% shows up in english, which is quite unprofessional. Not to mention that every new feature is coming out without any translation. So please,…

320 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. No public vote art contests.

Its pretty clear that it's a popularity contest. I didn't enter these contests but I know that in the Overwatch one, one of the judges was a good friend/ex-roommate of the winner :/ I don't really see how that's fair. The alternative might be to do a public vote first round, and then have a private panel of judges select the winners.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Monkey on Strike responded

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this. We believe that these contests should be based on skill and not popularity and we will definitely be changing our process to reflect this.

19. A true twitch app for PS4.

As of right now the only "twitch" that you can watch on PS4 is other streams on the PS4. Which means if you enjoy twitch content streams not on PS4, you cannot view them.

An actual twitch app for PS4 would increase viewership on twitch and bring in more ad revenue.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Dan M responded

PS4 app is now live on the Playstation Store!

20. Automate Latency Catch-up

It's problematic to be chatting when your latency is 30-60 seconds from the broadcaster and annoying to keep checking your latency and pausing/starting the stream to "catch up."

Please consider methods to automatically catch the viewer up if the delay is, say, 30 seconds behind the broadcaster. For example, you could skip random frames to reduce the latency under the threshold. This reduction could occur when chat is relatively slow (i.e., during less exciting moments of the stream). Frames could be skipped when chat is at 15% normal speed (based on last 5 minutes) and/or x lines per minute.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Anonymous responded

The video player automatically will catch you up once you get behind.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base