General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Respect people who HAVE to have a sub lapse, indicate how many months total they have subbed

1. Keep the sub badge so it represents the current consecutive streak. That way there is still incentive for those who can keep the sub streak going.
    2. On Hover and in the resub notification, display the consecutive number of months and then the total number of months.So the streamer can see that they have been supporting, but may have had a lapse.
    3. When in a current lapse of your sub, your last sub streak should still display but displayed in some way (such as being partially transparent) that indicates the sub is not currently active. This would show…

183 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Channel Revenue direct to Charity

Allow streamer the option to donate all channel revenue (subs, cheers, sales) directly to a charity. For maximum transparency the money could go from Twitch directly to the charity, and ideally maybe Twitch would consider taking a lesser percentage so that more of the money gets to the charity?

71 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Reintroduce "Pinch to Zoom" on Mobile

After a recent update to version 5.8 on January 17, 2018 a feature on iOS mobile was removed to be able to "pinch to zoom" in on areas of the stream. Being on mobile with an already smaller screen, when I'm watching Magic: The Gathering streams, it's really important for me to be able to zoom in on the various cards to read details of the print. With this new update, the streams are locked into the "full screen" view and it makes it much more difficult to view.

Is there a possibility to reintroduce the "pinch to zoom" functionality…

378 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Add a 500 viewer limit for German streamers

Concidering the new streaming laws in Germany, I think it'd be a good idea to give German streamers the option to limit their streams to 500 viewers, so they don't have to get a broadcasting license.

30 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Update the game name

When a Twitch Steamer is playing a game, his friends show up, he changes games. Then he will change the title.
            PROBLEM, the people viewing the steam will see the old game title.

IDEA - software should update the title in the app

Otherwise, every conversation goes something like this, "Just refresh. idk, refresh. Refresh it. Twitch won't refresh. Refresh please, changing." "Why are you still playing 12345?" "I'm not, refresh."

52 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Make gift sub notice that says the number of total subs gifted optional

This new gift subscription notification text that specifically says the number of gifted subs the person has given in a channel was probably put in place to reward those gifters, but it's having the opposite effect from my anecdotal experience. There are several users who gift a LOT of subs across the community I'm in. I'm talking hundreds a month. Each of them has said they give less gift subs because of this new notification, which calls out how many they've done, makes them feel awkward, etc. I could definitely see some people who would like that feature, because maybe…

88 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Run a twitch-wide charity event much like the HRC campaign for the children affected by the zero tolerance policy

Twitch is a great platform for raising money and I was looking at tiltify and I couldn't find a single organization to help support this cause. A lot of streamers have been pretty outspoken against the situation at the US border and children being separated from their families. It'd be great if Twitch could come together to raise money for this cause. I've already reached out to one organization to potentially work with them and some members of the stream team I'm on, but it'd be great if we could do something even bigger as a community! I know that…

34 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Follower Emotes (PARTNERS)

My Idea would fit more for Partners then for Affiliates, I think.

It would be awesome to have 1 Emote Slot free for Followers, so People can Follow my Channel and get this one special Emote as thank you.

This would directly create a sympathy between Streamer and Follower, and Followers eventually want more Emotes from the channel when they already like the follower Emote, this would raise the support insanely, I think.

Also People can share your emote with other viewers/streamers and just have a good time with some free emotes from their Favorites channels/streamers.

I personally enjoy it…

42 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Streaming language Armenian

Dear Twitch Team,

Please help to develop the Armenian gaming community, we have a lot of good players who want to stream in Armenian, to communicate and speak Armenian, but there is nowhere such a streaming platform where you can communicate in Armenian, if you could add Armenian to your wonderful platform, we would be very grateful

Thanks
                    Armenian Gamers

63 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Add Chudat's iconic "Yeahyuzz" as an emote

Chudat is a key feature of the SSBM community and whenever he is on Twitch, the chat lights up with thousands of "Yeahyuzzzz" and "=D7" and there is an amazing opprtunity for this to become one of Twitch's most iconic emotes and see the Smash community more represented on Twitch

1,508 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Figure out WHY these bans are happening and reinstate the people who have been wrongfully blamed

Read this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/HoldTwitchAccountable/comments/7yl62q/streamers_getting_banned_for_receiving_bits_from/

There is a SERIOUS problem going on with bits and how your automated system is handling it. You are banning streamers that have done NOTHING wrong, and we need you to look into this. PLEASE.

149 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Do not disable Twitch notifications via an algorithm

It seems Twitch is rolling out a method where Notifications are disabled automatically for streams you may not view often. This could easily be missed by a viewer who wants to enjoy that stream but maybe timezones are an issue, or just real life gets in the way.

People can already manually turn off notifications if they choose, automating this seems to be something that will only hurt producers.

Some people may not receive an email at all, and find they have had their notifications forced off. This is a bad bad direction to go in.

Please only allow manual…

37 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Admin →
                          • More Affiliate Emotes

As an affiliate who is succeeding in grabbing a wonderful community of viewers and subscribers, I would love for them to receive what they deserve for their patronage to both me and Twitch. I believe that Partners should 100% be allotted more emotes for their success, but the same could be said for us affiliates. I understand that can be difficult to do considering you (Twitch) wants to have more benefits for partners. However, I believe there is a middle ground that could be met and I have a few ideas that I will list to give us hard working…

133 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Streaming Language Swissgerman

The Swiss Twitch scene is getting bigger and bigger.

However, since we do not speak/stream German but Swiss German,
                              viewers have difficulties to find us on Twitch.

Would there not be a possibility for Twitch to add the language 'Swiss-German'?

That would help our community grow a lot and especially for the streamers, so they dont have to change their language.

701 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Moderator banner

I am a moderator of a Twitch channel which regularly has more than 1000 spectators. When we want to convey a message to viewers, it is often difficult to read...
                                I propose to add a new feature to moderators so that they can display a visible banner of all (as, for example, that of bits donations).
                                Thanks in advance.

73 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Give automod an "allow once" button.

I would love a button that allows us to allow a message into chat, but not affect the automod blocking those specific terms. Just like an "allow once" button. This would allow for more flexibility in letting people say certain things, without messing with automod's word bank.

28 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • A library of approved emotes / don't delete emotes when changing.

Lovingly lifted from the comments section of: https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/7x9vrv/please_let_us_change_emotes_without_deleting_the/

Two things -

1. Deleting of emotes when want to change them is a pain. It means subscribers lose one of the (few) benefits that are given to them at the affiliate level. It's just that the approval process takes so long, that not being able to use anything while waiting for approval stinks.

2. I think it would be great if we could have a library of previously approved emotes, so we can swap them out for holidays, etc. If you want to keep it to 3 active emotes for affiliates,…

104 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Autohost based on game

We have an official game channel on Twitch -- we have tons of streamers that play the game, but (of course) most are variety streamers.

We'd love to autohost some of these folks playing our game, but it'd be awkward if we autohost them and they randomly play :any game that's not our game:. After all, it's the official game Twitch channel!

This would be useful to any themed streamers or gamers that only play x or y game. There may be variety streamers that play MOBAS but a LoL Twitch channel would autohost their friends only when they're playing…

129 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Prime Upgraded Subscriptions

If you are currently a Twitch Prime Member, you can currently sub to someone for free at $4.99. I also think that you should be able to "upgrade" your sub to that person at a discounted rate per month. Example, you should be able to subscribe to the person for $9.99 but only pay $5, and then be able to sub at $24.99 for only $20.

36 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Create a Global Emote for Brian/izl. Honor him.

I first saw izl/Brian as an Admin on September 24th, 2014. His shield badge and BTTV glow was so shiny that I had to take a screenshot. https://i.imgur.com/xJHr6oB.jpg

I was so new to Twitch back then. On day one he showed kindness by giving me great advice and 4 URL tools, I was so happy that I had a way to check hosts and count chatters.

When our community was nervous about rejection, he reassured us to try applying for partnership. Later on, the streamer got partnered.

Years later, he founded the Moderation team that enabled communication & collaboration. http://streamernews.tv/2016/06/07/brian-mcnulty-created-a-twitch-moderator-slack-team

90 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)