General

1. Add Farsi/Persian as a language option.

Around 110 million people speak Farsi worldwide and in Iran alone, there are more than 28 million gamers according to a national survey.

There are many Farsi speaking streamers on the site and I'm sure Twitch knows about the number of people using the website within Iran (even though many use VPNs almost all the time to be able to access many websites next to watching twitch). As many have said before, not having the option for the language of the stream is hurtful for all the viewers of the website. No one uses the "Other" language option to find…

8,393 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    475 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Creating a restriction for bots to fight spam

There are people on Twitch, who have a program that allows bot spamming in chats. They buy accounts somewhere in the form of login:oauth:token and connect them to their program.
    They used to spam ads to promote themselves, now they do that to create conflicts between streamers or just to mess with streamers.

It is possible to get an Oauth:token through the Twitch API request, using apps verified by Twitch.
    If I understood correctly from the developer's words, Twitch can get info about a token that sent the message.

What do I suggest to deal with the problem is to…

184 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2759 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a new Samsung TV App.

The Samsung TV twitch application has been removed due to it not being official.

Now thousands of people have to go out and buy a chromecast ect to watch twitch on there Samsung TV. Please make an official twitch app so these thousands of people can watch twitch without having to buy anything else.

The main reason I bought my TV was because there was a twitch app.

2,540 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    118 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reruns vs LIVE

Live vs Reruns

i think it should be made cleared when a chanel is on a rerun, it shouldn't say "LIVE"
    A way that i think they could help new streamers, or lew viewercount streamers overall is to have two subcategories, Live and Reruns.
    this would let streamers that are live have a chance to grow.

on the asmr category it's getting out of hands the amount of reruns, youtubecompilations and bots. and we can't do anything about it too. i've reported multiple channels but they are still there, even getting into front page. it's sad to see how the…

394 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix your Samsung smart TV app

It used to work great but since September 2018 chat hasn't been working, also there is no way to log in

https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/9hy167/twitch_samsung_smart_tv_app_chat_problem/

689 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    80 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. (Visually) Disable Moderator Badge

Users are able to hide specific badges already (Twitch Prime, Turbo, Bits, ...) but what about Moderator Badges?

The reason for this suggestion:
    In smaller streams (new) chatters might get scared if moderators post messages.

So I see 2 potential ways this could be achieved:

1. Only visually disable the mod badge (keeping the moderation actions in-tact)
    2. Allow moderator to go into "non-moderation mode" - in this mode, the moderation actions are not available and they are like a normal chatter

In both cases moderators should still show up in the Moderator List (/mods).

Recently Twitch added a "Mod…

119 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can you please stop people from broadcasting pre recorded content as 'LIVE' if it's not a live person online, then list it as a rerun.

Can we please list pre-recorded content as re runs, or create a new catagory as it's wrong to list is as Live, it's doing a diservice to the streamers who make the effort to sit in front of their PC's broadcasting live content and it's killing their channels, especially the ASMR catagory.

89 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ban BIGBRAUZ

Ban BIGBRAUZ

544 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make the Pride-Emotes permanent

I like them better than 90% of the global emotes, why should they only be available for pride-month?

Emotes are love, emotes are life, you can never have enough emotes at your disposal. Especially after we're going all Pokemon-Trainer on them and trying to collect them all.

95 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Custom level category

Add custom level category for an increasing community of players that are streaming custom made games or levels such as TRLE levels (tomb raider level editor/ trle.net). Could also apply to other games with custom maps/mods etc.

There is a steadily increasing audience for these levels and it is detrimental to the streamer to have to set the game as "tomb raider the last revelation" most of the time, purely because this is the engine used, but not actually what is being streamed. People will open the stream for tomb raider 4 but leave when its not actually tomb raider…

310 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add a 'Live Reading' category

As it says - there's a whole community of us who do Live Reading on the platform, with a substantial audience for it as well.

Be it books, poems, articles, funny stories from reddit, or whatever else.

Yet we have to use the category 'Just Chatting' and add the 'Reading Aloud' tag.

Given that there's countless categories for super-niche hobbies and content, a proper category for the most universal hobby in existence would be good (especially as lots of lurkers enjoy live streams almost like a podcast or audiobook anyway).

35 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow partnered streamers to keep sub points

Sub points should be accumulated & not get expired along with expired subs as it helps streamers to unlock emote slots quicker. And with more emotes available, potential subscribers would be more enticed to sub or continue their subscription.

Looking at "expired" sub points on our partnered dashboard not only demoralized streamers before the start of each stream, we'd get less interested to help promote subscription to our viewers & would encourage direct donation instead.

My current subpoints which unlocked 24 emotes is now at 366/1,000 because 600+ gifted subs expired this month. I don't see how I could get…

137 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please Improve the Verified Badge Policy

I believe that the Verified Badge is misinterpreted and should definitely be reworked. I am of the opinion that this badge is interpreted as a partner badge. Because currently only partners get this badge, this should be changed in my opinion. In fact users should also qualify for this badge if they are not a partner. So that also the following users are also eligible:

- Users who are Twitch Partners.
    - Users who are Twitch Affiliates.
    - Users who are Twitch Developers.

I mean: Users who have completed the onboarding, to confirm the identity. Furthermore you could confirm the…

98 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Emote Database Enhancement

AS an Affiliate/Partner
    WHEN I submit an emote
    THE database stores the emote
    AND stores an Active flag
    AND stores tier status
    SO I can easily move already approved emotes around
    WITHOUT having to go through approval process again
    AND it doesn't need a new name.

31 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Two-factor authentication for the payment method on the account

Some people buy twitch accounts with the payment method and give subscriptions to everyone. Many people who have stolen accounts, made a refund, and now streamers should return money for donated subscriptions, many of them went to a very big minus (from 5 to 500 dollars).
    I want the tweak to introduce a rule that would allow only users who have two-factor authentication to have a payment method. In my opinion, this is the most effective way to avoid stealing money.

130 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a chat spam mode

Just like emote only mode, slow mode, or r9k mode, a mode that would allow viewers to spam as hard as they want.

Many streamers I watch (and some for whom I mod for) encourage spam when they get raided or during special moments, but because of Twitch chat restrictions, viewers can only send the same message every 30 seconds. Many viewers feel left out in these moments because they can't really spam, and the streamer usually asks for more, so everyone is frustrated in the end.

What I suggest is something like /spam and /spamoff commands for mods+ to…

58 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Creating a restriction for bots to fight spam

There are people on Twitch, who have a program that allows bot spamming in chats. They buy accounts somewhere in the form of login:oauth:token and connect them to their program.
    They used to spam ads to promote themselves, now they do that to create conflicts between streamers or just to mess with streamers.

It is possible to get an Oauth:token through the Twitch API request, using apps verified by Twitch.
    If I understood correctly from the developer's words, Twitch can get info about a token that sent the message.

My way of dealing with people that spam is (или я…

162 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "Belarusian" as language option in stream settings

It would be great to have Belarusian language (would be written as "Беларуская") as one of the available options in "Stream Information".

No translation of the platform is not asked for, only the language to filter streams by.

Thanks in advance!

114 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the sub gift badges permanent.

If you gift 100 subs and they run out, your badge disappears forever unless you gift a sub every month. But if you gift 1 bit, in 5 years you will still have that (ugly) bit badge. That sounds unfair to me. Make the sub gift badges permanent, or make it so that it will stay 1 month for every sub gifted (so for 10 gifted subs get the 10 gift subs badge and keep it for 10 months).

29 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Launch Middle East/Pakistani Servers For Twitch

Dear Sirs,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and I am unable to stream properly on twitch as i get high latency on it so please launch Middle east /Pakistani servers for twitch. Due to the unavailability of these servers. I am either directed to Mumbai, Singapore or EU servers on which i get 140ms plus ping if there will be middle east servers. I will be getting around 10 to 40ms ping which would be perfectly fine for low latency streams.

As Pakistan is the 6th most populated country in the world and the increase in gamers/streamers in Pakistan is…

24 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 227 228
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base