Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

General

This forum is locked while undergoing maintenance to organize and clean it up. Please submit your ideas in the existing forums and categories.

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. From April 19th on, Deutsche Telekom will offer zero-rating in germany (much like 'Binge On' by T-Mobile US).
    Twitch's parent company, Amazon, already is a partner (with Amazon Prime Video) from day 1. YouTube will also be a partner from day 1.

I enjoy watching twitch while on the train, but it eats LOTS of data - this would greatly help, as fast LTE is usually no problem. This will also get you parity with 'YT Gaming' in this regard - the twitch mobile app is much better than YT Gaming in general, but the zero-rated 1080p stream wins...

244 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There are people on Twitch, who have a program that allows bot spamming in chats. They buy accounts somewhere in the form of login:oauth:token and connect them to their program.
    They used to spam ads to promote themselves, now they do that to create conflicts between streamers or just to mess with streamers.

It is possible to get an Oauth:token through the Twitch API request, using apps verified by Twitch.
    If I understood correctly from the developer's words, Twitch can get info about a token that sent the message.

My way of dealing with people that spam is (или я…

164 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Twitch prime is currently not available for India and we are missing some good promotions as well as available features.
    We already have Amazon prime available, so it shouldn't be a problem theoretically, right?
    Please provide Prime in India as soon as you can.
    Thanks.

147 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For the new Twitch Launcher app for Desktop, give the option to pause a download when installing a new game.

This'll help if something pops up that requires a large amount of bandwidth and you would lose a lot of progress by canceling the download.

142 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Some people buy twitch accounts with the payment method and give subscriptions to everyone. Many people who have stolen accounts, made a refund, and now streamers should return money for donated subscriptions, many of them went to a very big minus (from 5 to 500 dollars).
    I want the tweak to introduce a rule that would allow only users who have two-factor authentication to have a payment method. In my opinion, this is the most effective way to avoid stealing money.

135 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Whenever someone wants to watch VODs they can't enjoy the duel screen experience properly of popout twitch chat. Theather mode forces you to have the chat next to the video AND on the same monitor. Please let us pop out the chat on VODs.

Please give us VODboys some love.

135 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am asking for adding quality for companions, because people on 720p lagging can not normally watch their favorite streamer, please add the remaining quality for the companion

126 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. So each streamer would be allowed to set one person in their stream "SUPER MOD" this person has more permissions than normal mods. For example the SUPER MOD would be allowed to mod and demod people from the stream. Another could be the "SUPER MOD" gets a different badge to make them stand out to the people in chat. Also maybe that super mod gets a permanent subscription for that channel. I'm sure there are alot more ways of making this a better idea that i just haven't though of however i think it would actually be a good thing…

122 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Slovenian language we are a small country and it would be much easier to find Slovenian streamers. So pls add our language to your chosing option. thnx

117 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make us the option to go full screen on galaxy s8 or s8+ like the youtube app does. Thanks

117 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Implement a filter that would be present no matter what section of the site you are on allowing you to filter based on a primary language.

1) Force a streamer to select a single primary language
    2) Allow streamer to select multiple secondary languages
    3) Implement a filter that would be at the top of any search/game/category listing...

The filter should have two features.
    - Allow user to filter based on primary language ONLY
    - Allow user to sub-filter based on secondary languages optionally

This accomplishes two goals.

1) Allow the viewer to filter down to streamers that for the…

112 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we please list pre-recorded content as re runs, or create a new catagory as it's wrong to list is as Live, it's doing a diservice to the streamers who make the effort to sit in front of their PC's broadcasting live content and it's killing their channels, especially the ASMR catagory.

103 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I believe that the Verified Badge is misinterpreted and should definitely be reworked. I am of the opinion that this badge is interpreted as a partner badge. Because currently only partners get this badge, this should be changed in my opinion. In fact users should also qualify for this badge if they are not a partner. So that also the following users are also eligible:

• Users who are Twitch Partners.

• Users who are Twitch Affiliates.

• Users who are Twitch Developers.

I mean: Users who have completed the onboarding, to confirm the identity. Furthermore you could confirm the identity at twitch…

102 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. At the moment, both the Twitch homepage and the actual streaming servers are only reachable over the old IPv4. As there already are providers which only connect their users with DualStack-Lite (this means, IPv6 native and IPv4 over a relatively slow tunnel protocol), it would be good for bandwith-expensive websites like twitch to be reachable over IPv6 - for both the homepage and the streaming servers.

96 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I like them better than 90% of the global emotes, why should they only be available for pride-month?

Emotes are love, emotes are life, you can never have enough emotes at your disposal. Especially after we're going all Pokemon-Trainer on them and trying to collect them all.

95 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think it would be cool if Twitch made it so streams can have music on a separate audio stream and viewers can choose if they want to hear both streamer and music or just the streamer. The music part can be made to all for song requests or interfaced with outside music sources like iTunes or Windows Media Player

94 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Similar to how Dota 2 interface for watching live games, it would be helpful for users to be able to rewind couple of seconds during a live session of a stream to rewatch something they might have missed without having to wait for a vod.

94 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When a Twitch Steamer is playing a game, his friends show up, he changes games. Then he will change the title.
    PROBLEM, the people viewing the steam will see the old game title.

IDEA - software should update the title in the app

Otherwise, every conversation goes something like this, "Just refresh. idk, refresh. Refresh it. Twitch won't refresh. Refresh please, changing." "Why are you still playing 12345?" "I'm not, refresh."

93 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I like being able to change all of my apps notification sounds so I know what the notification is without even turning my head to look at my phone.

Right now with the new update it just uses the notification sound as set in Android settings, which can conflict with other notifications. I'd like to be able to change the notification sound for the Twitch app specifically, like many other apps on Android allow you to do.

90 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It seems Twitch is rolling out a method where Notifications are disabled automatically for streams you may not view often. This could easily be missed by a viewer who wants to enjoy that stream but maybe timezones are an issue, or just real life gets in the way.

People can already manually turn off notifications if they choose, automating this seems to be something that will only hurt producers.

Some people may not receive an email at all, and find they have had their notifications forced off. This is a bad bad direction to go in.

Please only allow manual…

81 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32