Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

General

This forum is locked while undergoing maintenance to organize and clean it up. Please submit your ideas in the existing forums and categories.

General

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. From April 19th on, Deutsche Telekom will offer zero-rating in germany (much like 'Binge On' by T-Mobile US).
    Twitch's parent company, Amazon, already is a partner (with Amazon Prime Video) from day 1. YouTube will also be a partner from day 1.

I enjoy watching twitch while on the train, but it eats LOTS of data - this would greatly help, as fast LTE is usually no problem. This will also get you parity with 'YT Gaming' in this regard - the twitch mobile app is much better than YT Gaming in general, but the zero-rated 1080p stream wins...

244 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There are people on Twitch, who have a program that allows bot spamming in chats. They buy accounts somewhere in the form of login:oauth:token and connect them to their program.
    They used to spam ads to promote themselves, now they do that to create conflicts between streamers or just to mess with streamers.

It is possible to get an Oauth:token through the Twitch API request, using apps verified by Twitch.
    If I understood correctly from the developer's words, Twitch can get info about a token that sent the message.

My way of dealing with people that spam is (или я…

165 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Twitch prime is currently not available for India and we are missing some good promotions as well as available features.
    We already have Amazon prime available, so it shouldn't be a problem theoretically, right?
    Please provide Prime in India as soon as you can.
    Thanks.

147 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For the new Twitch Launcher app for Desktop, give the option to pause a download when installing a new game.

This'll help if something pops up that requires a large amount of bandwidth and you would lose a lot of progress by canceling the download.

142 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. At the moment, both the Twitch homepage and the actual streaming servers are only reachable over the old IPv4. As there already are providers which only connect their users with DualStack-Lite (this means, IPv6 native and IPv4 over a relatively slow tunnel protocol), it would be good for bandwith-expensive websites like twitch to be reachable over IPv6 - for both the homepage and the streaming servers.

114 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A music switch on twitch?
    Would it be possible for streamers to put say youtube music or another program they are using in a seperate stream option so that the viewer can select if they turn the background music on or off.
    For example: "I am watching a streamer. I would love to hear him talking but I have my own music on and I don't want his music to interfere." (His stream has the option to mute the music I click it and I can still hear his audio from game and microphone)

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I watch content that streams one particular game and that is it. Twitch recommends streams I have no interest in. Especially IRL streamers like Amouranth. If Twitch can't come up with a recommendations script that is actually helpful, at least let me block certain content from even showing up on my dashboard.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I love the ability to resume a VOD or live > VOD playback so now what's missing to make this feature completely awesome is a way to go back to whatever you were watching.

A simple example would be to add a tab at the bottom of the "Following" view on iOS next to Activity / Channels / Videos / Games

Perhaps add "History" like a browsing history?

This would then show any VODs I have been watching recently. If I pick any of these, they will resume playing where I left them.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When a broadcaster announces a broadcast at a specific time he can set a timer on the stream page - this way I can know when the stream starts when the time is given in different time zone

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Warren responded

Love this idea as well. Definitely going to consider this one!

10. Right now, you can only choose different drives to install a game to. The launcher should allow you to install games to a specific folder that you choose.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For partners & affiliates working with artists. It's often very difficult to tell if something will scale down well, look good in both default and dark mode, etc. I did find one tool to test emotes ( https://pajlada.se/projects/test-emote/ ), but it's extremely limited, doesn't offer dark mode, etc.

A preview platform in the upload window would be incredible.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Most people use iTunes anyways tbh

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As most of you may know, the chat in large twitch streams is usually an endless stream of copy pastas and capitalized spam. People who want to use the chat to, well, chat have no choice but to remain silent or be buried under the barrage. I usually chat with individual friends about matches being streamed live and just now got the idea of having multiple "breakout" chat rooms that will each house a fraction of the viewers. Of course, this should be optional since no one should be denied the traditional twitch chat experience but I think it could…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I get that these broadcasters are featured and lots of people are watching them, but if they are going to show up on the home page, the volume should be muted.

Or, leave it paused, or remove it.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi. I suggest adding an option that represents how much time one's spent watching all streams on twitch.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think It would be awesome to have transparent chat. Theater mode is cool, but it would be even better to have transparent chat that user can place over fullscreen video and customize its size (like some streamers do using OBS)

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I often fall many streams behind on a story based games and go back to watch them in order in bulk. I would Really like a watch later playlist like to what Youtube has, being able to que up VODs in a personal playlist would be an amazing feature for people like me who cant catch every stream of our favorite streamers but still want to watch them.

There seems to be an auto play function in place already so I don't think if would be much of a leap for us to be able to order the auto play…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. as it is currently, hovering the cursor over a sub emote shows the text command for that emote, which is largely useless but fine

the problem i see here is that clicking on a sub emote does nothing, specifically, it does not tell people what channel the user acquired that emote from and it does not help that user to promoting and share with others that channel which they feel is worth subscribing to

clicking on a sub emote should display it's origin, in a similar way that clicking a username shows some information about that user's channel

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Twitch needs a pause and save for game downloads. I spent 12 hours downloading Candle only to have Twitch drop the download at 80 percent. Please fix or go with Steam, or Amazon, or anything which can save downloads!

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please !! option sound only for PC !!

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20